Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New windows install - drivers question.

Options
  • 10-06-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I just formatted my PC using Win XP.

I more then likely missing loads of drivers for monitors/audio/graphics card/ motherboard.

Whats the best way to find out whats needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

You could download Driver Genius which is not free but seems to do a decent enough job. Its also Windows 7 Compatible which is a bit ironic as you should not need it with Win 7.

Or

Go to your manufacturers website and enter your laptop model and all the drivers should be listed there.

I would go with the second one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I've a custom built PC running Win Xp. But i'll check that software out. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I would check the sites for the different components and see do they offer drivers for your parts.
    Or, I'm not sure does XP have this, haven't used it in awhile
    But can't you go into the Hardware Manager and check for drivers for each component there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I would check the sites for the different components and see do they offer drivers for your parts.
    Or, I'm not sure does XP have this, haven't used it in awhile
    But can't you go into the Hardware Manager and check for drivers for each component there?

Xp does that alright but i'd say your better off going to each component manufacture's site and download the drivers.

Advertisement