Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N8

Options
  • 10-06-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi

Just a question for Nokia N8 users - have you had any problems connecting to wireless and browsing the web on wireless?

My phone can connect to wireless but when i click to browse the web it reverts back to O2 GPRS/WAP or Internet.....very frustrating as it is using up all my data add on...arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Go to Settings...Connectivity...Settings...Data Use In Home Country and click on Wlan only

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Connectivity > settings > destinations

and make 'internet' the default APN. This will be shown by the little 'tick' beside it. Then click into it, and change you priorities so your wlan is number 1 and your network apn is further down the list etc.

@fergiesfolly - if you do that, then the OP wont be able to use the data addon at all as the phone would be looking for wlan the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Make sure the web browser is set to choose the 'Internet'(and hence, the default destination in the internet catagory) instead of 'WAP Services'.

Advertisement