Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography!!! How did it go?!

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Mr.BA wrote: »
    Ever since I left school I loved looking at exam papers. I just finished my degree in Geography in UCD and love looking at the Geography papers in particular!!
    Must say no matter what level you were doing, those exam papers were the easiest I have seen since the new course came in.
    I was doing grinds and literally guessed what would come up in 2 questions - 1 Physical, 1 Regional and came up in the order I guessed!

It is getting to easy to predict nowadays what is coming up in Geography.
    I just hope for all your sakes that they don't mark it harder because of the easyness of the papers.

Hope your exams are going well up to now. All the best in the rest of them!

Mr. BA!

Finally found someone doing geography at third level.

Ive applied for Geography in Trinity and in UCD under arts with Spanish. Can you tell me how you found the course in heinsight? Was it enjoyable and what research did you have to carry out before being awarded a degree?

Other than town planning and teaching is there any other employment prospects in Geography than those two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Graciie

Soil characteristics are affected by their immediate environment and by a combination of
    processes operating in that environment.
    Examine any [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]three [/FONT]soil processes that affect soil characteristics.

Hey
    just wondering i wrote about the sahel and how humans use deforestation, Overcropping and Overgrazing to alter the soil resulting in desertification..Was i right or wrong?? Please say riight!! =p

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

The development of economic activities can alter biomes.
    Discuss this statement with reference to appropriate examples that you have studied.

For this question, is it acceptable to discuss how sulfur dioxide, released from factories in the secondary economic activity of manufacturing & industry, causes acid rain which has a devastating effect on a biome? I was told this was incorrect as acid rain & its effects are physical, and it is a physical process. Still, industry and increasing industrialisation does have an effect on biomes?

Am I wrong?

Advertisement