Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ok thanks, I think I need to increase my health on this. I only have 2 bars. How do I increase that? I die so quickly in this part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this game is sucking my life away :pac: ive never seen a story as well presented in an open world game, it actually has me interested, one thing that would make this game legendary would be mod support on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

py2006 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, I think I need to increase my health on this. I only have 2 bars. How do I increase that? I die so quickly in this part.
    shark skill tree. 2 bars??? WTF have you been doing!

Arawn wrote: »
    shark skill tree. 2 bars??? WTF have you been doing!

Obviously not enough lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

second island atm; trying for towers and outposts atm.
    mercs are a bit tougher than Vass' guys for sure!

also,
    a hunter quest using a machete for a croc AND one for a bear? gtfo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had the day off and spent most of it playing this. Went from being on Chap 3 this morning to just about to start chapter 5. Got completely lost with outposts, towers, hunting, racing, relics, sniper challenges, poker (I love poker but it is crap in this, people pulling royal flushes out of their ass!) and just general wandering around. Tried to turn it off a few times but it was always, oh just one more outpost over there, then one more tower and then one more, etc.

Jasons animations are class well like when you are driving and swing the car wildly he holds onto the side of the jeep and when you crash, he flatens against the dash. Speaking of, I love driving offroad and bobming down a hill dodging trees and rocks. There has been some spectacular crashes that I wish I could have seen in 3rd person.

One crash had the jeep on fire, I crawled out in black and white, patted the fire out on my arm, couldn't believe I had actually survived the crash. Beaming with myself for all of 2 seconds before I got eaten by a tiger.

kaimera wrote: »
    second island atm; trying for towers and outposts atm.
    mercs are a bit tougher than Vass' guys for sure!

also,
    a hunter quest using a machete for a croc AND one for a bear? gtfo :(
    Do the croc one it's a rare albino one. not sure about the bear

It's handy as ****. Hop in the water, let him clamp on, win the button mashing game and voila, dead albino croc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

do you unlock more weapons later into the game? it just seems like ive unlocked nearly everything and i havnt even done that much tbh

do you unlock more weapons later into the game? it just seems like ive unlocked nearly everything and i havnt even done that much tbh
    yes, signature weapons, 50cals, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

You unlock more weapons when you
    Get to the second Island , also by doing certain things such as 5 base take overs with out being spotted ect ect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

With you complete a trial, does your name go on the rock automatically, or is it the highest ranked player so far? Cause i did pretty well on a specific trial, and now my name if on the rock.

Awesome game btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

popped into gamestop to pick up a copy on PC €59.99...............................

to be honest i am never paying that much for a pc game and all that was extra was some stupid dlc ****e...........

Must do some browsing later for the best price.......... this will be my christmas game for when im done with exams etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I picked it up earlier today for €23. Can't remember the site, but it was one of the cheapest listed on dlcompare.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

popped into gamestop to pick up a copy on PC €59.99...............................

to be honest i am never paying that much for a pc game and all that was extra was some stupid dlc ****e...........

Must do some browsing later for the best price.......... this will be my christmas game for when im done with exams etc.

Your keeping it for christmas too? *high fives*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's only €50 on steam and that is hardly know for having games cheap at launch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Someone said don't buy weapons, save your money because you get the weapons free when you take radio towers. Well that's fine except you max. out your wallet so easily I found it far better to buy and use up money so I could keep collecting stuff rather than leaving things behind and in the case of loot getting them off the map (although there is defo a bug that keeps some of these things appearing despite having looted them).

A lot of folks also said they weren't bothered with the main story and preferred to simply wander around freeing camps and so on but I would recommend keeping the story ticking away bit by bit (do a couple of story missions then wander for a while, repeat) as it unlocks skills that makes stuff you do while wandering around more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Those armored lads don't stand a chance against explosive arrows as long as you have touch of death stims turned on, they take a lot of ingredients but are well worth the trouble.

I just can't protect willis after he fixes the plane! :(

I just can't protect willis after he fixes the plane! :(
    Mines.

Mines.

Don't even get the chance, bullets everywhere!

• Advertisement

Don't even get the chance, bullets everywhere!
    Do it before you start the mission. Also c4 heavies. C4 is god

Do it before you start the mission. Also c4 heavies. C4 is god

I did it!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Well that's it the game is finished, all that's left is some loot and relics but its clocking in at 41hrs/46 days of game world ..I'm thinking of restarting on a new save, bloody good game. It does let you go back and finish off all the activities and collectibles once you finish story mode, in case anyone was wondering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

mewso wrote: »
    Someone said don't buy weapons, save your money because you get the weapons free when you take radio towers. Well that's fine except you max. out your wallet so easily I found it far better to buy and use up money so I could keep collecting stuff rather than leaving things behind and in the case of loot getting them off the map (although there is defo a bug that keeps some of these things appearing despite having looted them).

A lot of folks also said they weren't bothered with the main story and preferred to simply wander around freeing camps and so on but I would recommend keeping the story ticking away bit by bit (do a couple of story missions then wander for a while, repeat) as it unlocks skills that makes stuff you do while wandering around more fun.

i mentioned that earlier yeah... im assuming you havnt upgraded your wallet by getting certain animal skins ?, you can also use skins to carry more ammo and weapons, and pretty much for everything you can carry..
    The first thing i done after the first mission was max out my cash amount and weapons and ammo...
    Once you have 4 guns being carried, just wait and see how quickly you go through cash just on buying ammo alone.. plus 200 a pop for the armor each time, along with gun attachments and paintjobs... youl soon have zero cash and them radio towers will seem like a good idea then,.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just finished it there. What a game. I hope it gets the awards it deserves

on another note

For anyone else that finished the game
    what happened if you picked the sexy Citra?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Even with the wallet maxed out i still find myself just buying up everything, I dont use much in the way of weapons other than my Bow and a shotgun and C4 for blowing up walls. they need a bigger wallet... probably turn up in a DLC pack knowing Ubisoft.

Headshot wrote: »
    Just finished it there. What a game. I hope it gets the awards it deserves

on another note

For anyone else that finished the game
    what happened if you picked the sexy Citra?
    She rides you like a champion jockey and once ye finish...literally once you finish in her she stabs you in the heart and kills you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

i mentioned that earlier yeah... im assuming you havnt upgraded your wallet by getting certain animal skins ?, you can also use skins to carry more ammo and weapons, and pretty much for everything you can carry..

I have now. My point is you max. out your wallet many times before being able to upgrade it. I'm very familiar with all the crafting but in my experience so far the maxing out happens every time long before you find the skins necessary to keep up with it. Maybe it' the way I was approaching the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

She rides you like a champion jockey and once ye finish...literally once you finish in her she stabs you in the heart and kills you
    Damn I should of picked her

• Advertisement

Just when I think I can't be anymore impressed with this game....I am.

The level of detail is amazing. If you have a really decent video card this game is stunning. Actually, from what I am hearing it is fairly stunning on console too.

Rockstar may be worried looking at this map!!

Advertisement