Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just spent over an hour playing ****in cards with mates......NPC mates in the game PMSL!!!!!! Did not see the time going, if you short on cash head to a poker game that you unlock and be agressive with a decent hand. All in and they fold like **** and you get a fortune.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just spent over an hour playing ****in cards with mates......NPC mates in the game PMSL!!!!!! Did not see the time going, if you short on cash head to a poker game that you unlock and be agressive with a decent hand. All in and they fold like **** and you get a fortune.....

Only thing i've spent cash on is ammo, but totally correct re: poker go expert all in , skip to the results ..... profit didn't even look at cards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Right so I'm flicking in and out of this thread looking at responses. I notice the ad in between posts......DiscoverTheForest.org! :pac:

Coincidence or very clever ad placement software in operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lot of people struggling with simple things.

Heavies = 1 clip from SMG to the face will take them down quickly. I generally leave till last and take them from an angle.

Fighting the the monster you have infinite heals in all of the dream/drug sequences.

Syringes etc are useless tbh after better off just crafting to carry more stuff then buying what you need. Only thing you need money for is ammo refills and signature weapons.

Onto island 2 with all missions complete got the heavy takedown from my last mission quest so no need to waste SMG bullets anymore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

OMG! This tune is absolutely banging! :D Wanna burn more weed lmao...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Notorioux wrote: »

cracking song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Notorioux wrote: »

Just did a pretty good mission there. Burned
    a load of weed
    had that tune blaring down my ear canals. Even though I couldn't hear my gunfire or the NPC chatter I couldn't resist leaving it on full volume.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Love the game. Hooked on the map editor too so I've yet to finish the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

mewso wrote: »
    I have now. My point is you max. out your wallet many times before being able to upgrade it. I'm very familiar with all the crafting but in my experience so far the maxing out happens every time long before you find the skins necessary to keep up with it. Maybe it' the way I was approaching the game.

maybe, for me after the first mission or maybe 2, i dropped everything to upgrade all my pouches after having the same issue with no more room for cash and loot.
    Each time i go to a store im spending like 400 to 480 on just refilling my ammo to the max ^^ i use all 4 weapons though alot, along with the nades and Molotovs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fizman wrote: »
    Coincidence or very clever ad placement software in operation?

There are ads on Boards? Might want to sort your computer out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 redzer2012

is this game any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just pulled of a six man kill combo with the knife to kill one of those goons on the boards, I've never felt so proud of myself as this moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The takedown is stupid! range is way to long, no skill. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Oh dear, ive gone and stayed up all night playing this game again... its like crack, just a lil more!! ah feck it another mission, ah there is a relic close by i'll just pick that up and turn it off.... what do you mean i have work in an hour its only.... ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm taking my time alternating between missions and the outposts / hunting missions. Really don't want this game to end.

Plus, since the soundtrack was mentioned, this is my favourite one:

Like perfect timing:
    When I went to fight Vaas himself at the top of the stairs,
    the song took off at 1:30. Made the sequence even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

Love the game. Hooked on the map editor too so I've yet to finish the game :P

I'm probably going to spend more time on the editor then the actual story or multiplayer... :D How advanced is it? :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm taking my time alternating between missions and the outposts / hunting missions. Really don't want this game to end.

Plus, since the soundtrack was mentioned, this is my favourite one:

Like perfect timing:
    When I went to fight Vaas himself at the top of the stairs,
    the song took off at 1:30. Made the sequence even better!

*Favourites the vid*

A sensational bit of music and one of my gaming moments of the year, it was so well laid out. Was blown away playing it honestly.

Was delighted to hear this play through the credits too :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Finished all the side quests on the first island. Going to return back to the second island later on and start on the side quests there next. Still have far too many relics and what not to search for too.

On another note, I reached the peak of the first island yesterday (mountain, a tad right of center that I somehow avoided to venture up through my proper playthrough. The view.... incredible! I'll be honest, stood there for a good 10 minutes at least just taking it all in :o before jumping off the side with wingsuit in full flight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Traded in blops2 for this, this morning ( somehow I don't think I'll miss it) got €38 trade in against it which was fine considering I only payed €40 for blops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the map editor just for multiplayer?would be cool if it was for single player too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Is the map editor just for multiplayer?would be cool if it was for single player too

I'm almost certain on one of the map editor preview vids that you could add some basic AI to your map like enemies and animals.

Played a bit with it, it's fairly powerful but easy to use.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm almost certain on one of the map editor preview vids that you could add some basic AI to your map like enemies and animals.

Played a bit with it, it's fairly powerful but easy to use.

Sounds good

Just have to hold out another 3wks >_<

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how do you unlock more skills? I have 5 skill points to spend but all it says is do more missions to unlock skills, does it mean story missions as I've been doing plenty of kill quests or hunting quests and nothing has been unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is there a big difference between the PS3 version and the PC one ?

My PS3 is setup in my sitting room, while the PC is in a back room. The PS3 setup is more comfortable to play, so if it not too inferior I would go with the PS3 version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

how do you unlock more skills? I have 5 skill points to spend but all it says is do more missions to unlock skills, does it mean story missions as I've been doing plenty of kill quests or hunting quests and nothing has been unlocked

Yeah someone mentioned that on here earlier in the thread I think. They said to keep the main plot ticking over as it lets you get more skills which make all the side stuff more fun as a consequence. Im having the same problem myself, just messing around and doing everything but the main story!

2smiggy wrote: »
    is there a big difference between the PS3 version and the PC one ?

My PS3 is setup in my sitting room, while the PC is in a back room. The PS3 setup is more comfortable to play, so if it not too inferior I would go with the PS3 version

Depends on your pc obviously. The graphics options in the pc version menu are plentiful, so if you have a decent gaming pc at all, Id imagine you would have a far better looking game than the console version.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    before jumping off the side with wingsuit in full flight :)

:eek: Theres a wingsuit!

Knew this game was good but didnt think it would have the kind of
    "explore a bit - jaw drop, explore a bit - jaw drop" feeling of Skyrim. I find myself driving around making use of the generous 360 degree mouse view to spot a viewing point then get out and go "woah" before taking some screenshots. At max settings it looks absolutely stunning.

Im going to have to try to keep the main plot ticking over but I just cant seem to focus on it. Love just wandering around, hunting, swimming, finding relics, avoiding patrols / killing patrols etc etc. Its so addictive.

Something simple but brilliant - spotting a jeep patroling the beach. I waited in the long grass til it passed and then decided to see how these mines work since I hadnt used them yet. When the jeep was gone I ran out onto the beach, equipped the mine and lobbed it onto the tracks in the sand. Suddenly i got the combat music and could see a jeep haring around the bend in the road. I hadnt time to run back to the long grass so I just dove into the sea and submerged just under the surface, still able to see the jeep as it drove over the mine! A muted explosion was followed by the bumper and a wheel landing in the water beside me! :D I then got out and looted away!

Just done my second radio tower after about 4/5 hours. When I zoom out on the map I think to myself it will be along time before I finish this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Agricola wrote: »

Just done my second radio tower after about 4/5 hours. When I zoom out on the map I think to myself it will be along time before I finish this!

I'm not much further in than you are but I'm pretty sure that zooming out only reveals the the North Island, not the entire map. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

marco_polo wrote: »
    I'm not much further in than you are but I'm pretty sure that zooming out only reveals the the North Island, not the entire map. :eek:

Wow, think you could be right there. Just had a look and I think Im right in saying that the first section of the map you start off in, is circled here. Or maybe just to the left of it. Im pretty sure when you zoom out, you only see the top island...

No idea about those MP and Coop islands, do they only appear in those mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

marco_polo wrote: »

Nah it's the full map :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Nah it's the full map :p

Phew, so I might get to finish Max Payne 3 in 2013 after all :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Anyone crazy enough to go for all the loot and relics yet? normally I'd leave that many collectibles but even with the story complete its a great gaming world to explore. I'm still waiting for 2 of the last skills to unlock on the skill tree ..no such luck yet, hmmm :)

Advertisement