Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

marco_polo wrote: »
    Phew, so I might get to finish Max Payne 3 in 2013 after all :p

Nope , it's still addictive as fcuk :p

Major spoilers here but
    Is nobody else disappointed by the short amount of time they're giving the villians , I mean Vaas , Buck ect ect are such amazing characters but we hardly got to see them before killing them :( I really wouldn't have minded if they dragged out all those series of missions far longer just to see more acting / atrocities committed by them

Anyone crazy enough to go for all the loot and relics yet? normally I'd leave that many collectibles but even with the story complete its a great gaming world to explore. I'm still waiting for 2 of the last skills to unlock on the skill tree ..no such luck yet, hmmm :)

I've been doing the Drug formulas , only 3 left to get , you get a pretty sweet SMG for doing it too ,
    Then I'm going to do the letters simply because the number of freaking relics is way too high

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Nah it's the full map :p

Im glad.
    You know games are getting too big when you want them to be smaller!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

Wow. Definitely picking this game up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Wow. Definitely picking this game up today.

Yup, this'll be my first purchase/play in 18 months. Reading this thread has done it for me.

I'm in no major panic to play.....so where would the cheapest place for me to pick this up for the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Is the map editor just for multiplayer?would be cool if it was for single player too
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm almost certain on one of the map editor preview vids that you could add some basic AI to your map like enemies and animals.

Played a bit with it, it's fairly powerful but easy to use.

Played around with Map Editior (on PS3) last night to try and keep me from playing the main game till after christmas (tough work!).

Its cool the way you can generate landscapes or create your own world but would love to know if you can add some AI or even better animals to it as at least would give me taste of full game without actually playing it.
    Also is it possible to edit the weapon loadout your given when testing the map (only had AK and nades).

I'm doing some "research" on it now but work internet has blocked all gaming sites etc so be handy if someone has details.

Edit:
    Ok from a few googles I can see that you add both AI and animals on the PC version to make single player maps but not sure about PS3 version as can't actually visit the links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

My mate has this on PS3 he says the screen tearing is killing his drive to play. im only on an xbox but haven't noticed any screen tear or frame rate drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My mate has this on PS3 he says the screen tearing is killing his drive to play. im only on an xbox but haven't noticed any screen tear or frame rate drops.

I'm on PS3 and have seen zero screen tear. If there is any, I haven't noticed cuz I'm having too much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

If anyone is looking for some enemies after the game is finished I've noticed a few of the pirate bases stay populated and respawn on each visit. The main one I'm using so as to get 100% of the trophies is the one near the start where the videos are recorded, there is a radio tower just beside it. I finish the co-op and then its platinumed :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think I'm gonna buy fraps and FC3 Videos :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Played around with Map Editior (on PS3) last night to try and keep me from playing the main game till after christmas (tough work!).

Its cool the way you can generate landscapes or create your own world but would love to know if you can add some AI or even better animals to it as at least would give me taste of full game without actually playing it.
    Also is it possible to edit the weapon loadout your given when testing the map (only had AK and nades).

Since I didn't get a reply for this (ye lucky people are too busy playing the actual game I presume), I did some testing myself and I am getting used to map editor.

Now that I've created a level I like, I can now spawn any type of enemies and any gun I want so currently just creating a few mess scenarios while getting used to PS3 controls :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving it so far.. have done lots of exploring and collecting stuff.. done a lot of outposts and towers, with a bit of the story thrown in.. map looks huge,

have black ops 2 and hitman gathering dust, will get around to playing hitman, but might trade in black ops 2 as by the time I get on to the multiplayer Ill be miles behind everyone else..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hunt 3 bears with an smg

**** you far cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hunt 3 bears with an smg

**** you far cry
    animal repellent
    works wonders. esp if you have the double limit skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just about to start. Whats it like on warrior difficulty? I'd usually play games on the hardest setting but not if it's no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

weiland79 wrote: »
    Just about to start. Whats it like on warrior difficulty? I'd usually play games on the hardest setting but not if it's no fun.

Its as hard as you make it or as easy as you make it :D

There are no set plays as such, you can kill everyone in an area without alerting anyone then its easy, alert them early and well **** about to get real fcuked up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

hunt 3 bears with an smg

**** you far cry

That mission was beyond easy? Am I missing something here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

weiland79 wrote: »

Put it like this, I'm a good way through it playing on normal and am still regularly dieing if I get caught on the hop.

You can start on hardest and bump it down at anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

"So his name is Buck, and he likes to F...." :pac:

Bear hunt was easy, 1 clip to the face for each one :confused:

There is one set play as such defend a lad at an airplane, some said it was hard. I dunno i brought a grenade launcher to a gun fight and made short work of it :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah you're both right it actually was very easy, i posted that after I got ambushed by a bear with 1 hitbox left starting the mission. once I restarted they each went down pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Taking down that Black Panther with just the bow and arrow was a pain in the arse. Bastard was so bloody fast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

blobby360 wrote: »
    "So his name is Buck, and he likes to F...." :pac:

The ending to that part of the story was pretty unsettling

Bastards spoilers in the Ubisoft quote :(

Read yesterday it was PS3 "console exclusive"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Good uses for C4:

1) Attach it to a jeep
    2) Drive jeep hard at the gate of a pirate base
    3) Bail out early and hide in the shrubbery before the jeep enters the base.
    4) Watch with your zoom cam as the startled pirates all investigate the strange jeep with no driver
    5) Right click on detonator

Oh how I love this game! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dreamers75 wrote: »

Bastards spoilers in the Ubisoft quote :(

Read yesterday it was PS3 "console exclusive"

So is there a game ending spoiler in that gameinformer link? Mad to read about the dlc, dlc is usually leftover or half arsed but I will definitely buy this if it sounds anyway okay.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So is there a game ending spoiler in that gameinformer link? Mad to read about the dlc, dlc is usually leftover or half arsed but I will definitely buy this if it sounds anyway okay.

yup DLC continues the story, best to leave it at that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Agricola wrote: »
    Good uses for C4:

1) Attach it to a jeep
    2) Drive jeep hard at the gate of a pirate base
    3) Bail out early and hide in the shrubbery before the jeep enters the base.
    4) Watch with your zoom cam as the startled pirates all investigate the strange jeep with no driver
    5) Right click on detonator

Oh how I love this game! :D

How do you attach C4 ?

I just throw it at the jeep and it doesn't work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

blobby360 wrote: »
    How do you attach C4 ?

I just throw it at the jeep and it doesn't work :(

Was wondering the same thing.. i tryed putting one on the front of a jeep, and it just feel to the ground, i havnt used one since ?

Advertisement