Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yup DLC continues the story, best to leave it at that :p

Is it not just for the co-op part?
    The co-op story is far from over

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do you access the map editor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

How do you access the map editor?

Its in program files on PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its in program files on PC.

Its not showing up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its not showing up :confused:

should be in the bin folder Sephiroth

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    should be in the bin folder Sephiroth

Is that in the uplay folder or in the steam folder?

Is that in the uplay folder or in the steam folder?

I have it on uplay so I cant comment on steam. Far cry 3 should have its own folder thou

Ya it does and all it has is a screen shot folder in it,wtf :confused:

Ya it does and all it has is a screen shot folder in it,wtf :confused:

what do you have uplay or steam?

Brought it on steam but have to go through uplay in order to play it,Its not showing up in my steam files either or uplay .

• Advertisement

Have you checked steamapps/common/far cry 3 folder?

Your a legend headshot it was in there thanks for your help but when I clicked on it it said "cannot find essential info in the registry,a reinstall may fix this" *bangs head against wall*

Your a legend headshot it was in there thanks for your help but when I clicked on it it said "cannot find essential info in the registry,a reinstall may fix this" *bangs head against wall*

feck it anyway. I thought the latest patch was suppose to fix that iirc

Maybe your only option is to reinstall it but at least make sure you copy the saved games (they are are your documents) but if you have cloud turned on in uplay, its automatically saves the saved games

Never mind,got it working through the short cut on desktop that I didn't notice or it just appeared,thanks headshot for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 29,832 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got the flame thrower for a certain great mission with very appropriate music, a guy chased me in a hut but i ran out the back door. I just wanted to set him on fire by shooting in through a window. The whole cabin catches fire and is engulfed in flames, yer man screaming inside. One of the many mouth open moments from this, classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Completed the story, excellent game that never bored me, a very rare thing these days for me. Story was naff but, for a game, the performances were top notch. Great way to cap off another year of gaming.

Vaas was a great character for a game, he adds a really enjoyable presence to the story and the cutscenes he appears in.

Funnily enough, the character wasn't going to be in the game until the actor auditioned for another minor part and did a Vaas on it (i.e. he went completely over the top for what was required).

He didn't get the part but Ubisoft liked his audition so much that they got him back and created Vaas specifically because of it, who then went on to become pretty much the face of FarCry3 :pac:

Anyways, story is complete but still have a massive chunk of the 2nd part of the map to complete. Good thing those outposts are so fun to do.

Ya Vaas has to be up there with one of the best baddies ever

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've been working on the same map for a week. Hope to finish it on Friday. It's pretty awesome. I dub it 'Bamboo Valley' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Was wondering the same thing.. i tryed putting one on the front of a jeep, and it just feel to the ground, i havnt used one since ?

Gonna try it now myself

Had a good go at the map editor this time. I forgot how much fun these were.

First up, create a room and fill it with about 50 NPCs
    18684972.jpg

Cook them thoroughly:
    34344579u.jpg

Cackle at the horror unfolding in front of you:
    96342204m.jpg

Add in some rockets for that extra-pulped flavour:
    20099776.jpg

Aaaaah.............one more rocket should do..........:
    67543589.jpg

Add in a thermonuclear device:
    17961981.jpg

Or just add 50 extra dogs to keep them entertained and see who comes out victor :D
    45403380.jpg

Screw it, can't be arsed waiting.........:
    79137393.jpg

I sense a lot of Saw-like scenarios..........

• Advertisement

Man you are evil Duggy,

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

^^hahaa^^
    Soby wrote: »

Nice one, will have some fun tomorrow with the c4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So the consensus is this is a pretty damn good game? Might have to invest so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Loving it so far. Just got to the 2nd island, and while i don't really have a clue what happened during
    the Vaas fight, i'm really looking forward to finding out. I'm guessing things aren't quite as they seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Edit: I may have to ring in sick tomorrow/today i only realised im in work at 9, I thought it was about 2:30 at the latest. Cant get a better review for a game than that :D
    - posted at like 7am

This is the best endorsment i've read for a game anyway! i'll be picking up Farcry 3 over the weekend! :D

edit: I wonder how my old gaming PC will fair once I dust it off a bit. An e6600 dual core clocked to 3.4Ghz, a GTX260 core 216, and 4gigs of RAM, all overclocked to the teeth. here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

does anyone find the Map editor on the Xbox to be pretty ****e ? :( loving the Single player but the map editor is a disappointment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im getting very sick of all these qte's and mini cutscenes

i want to play a game not take part in a "cinematic experience"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

[email]lol@duggy..you[/email]'ve got some issues lol:pac:

Didnt enjoy the 2nd one at all but having looked at totalbiscuits review on youtube I'll think I'll get it for the pc.Anyone know what the damage is for it in a bricks and mortars store?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

45E in gamestop
    40E on gamestop.ie

• Advertisement

[email]lol@duggy..you[/email]'ve got some issues lol:pac:

Didnt enjoy the 2nd one at all but having looked at totalbiscuits review on youtube I'll think I'll get it for the pc.Anyone know what the damage is for it in a bricks and mortars store?

Hey, a psychopath needs to feed his urges :pac:

Didn't like FarCry2, found it repetitive and dull. This, though, is miles better and what should've came after the 1st game.

Advertisement