Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Doesnt matter what difficulty you play it on, craft the 4 weapon holster early and your a fecking God among the jungle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The 50cal sniper rifle makes capturing bases pretty easy. Even the heavies are not much work now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love this game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is anyone else getting constant disconnects from their servers, I don't mean MP just the single player online tracking stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting constant disconnects from their servers, I don't mean MP just the single player online tracking stuff.

Ya I am,pain in the ass

• Advertisement

Ya I am,pain in the ass

I really don't care if it is down but the game has to wait for ages to try and reconnect making the game pause.

Also finally got some boars, was able to unlock all the ammo stuff right there as I had every thing else for the later ones. I've been stuck with 60 bullets for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Got this for Christmas and I'd say it must be one of the best games I've played. Taking a break from missions to collect animal hide and radio towers. Everything is so unexpected too, I was hunting earlier and came across pirates transporting prisoners. I hate komoto dragons though.

Where is the camp from the beginning of the game? Does it exist on the island?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,279 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dreamers75 wrote: »

Does anything exist on the island?

I just blew your mind :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Also got this off Mr Claus. Loving it so far, some good characters in it and a decent storyline from what I've played.

Whoever does the voice of Vaas does a sterling job, puts everything into it, a welcome change from the usual macho man, tough guy, ham acting stuff we get from the villains.

Only complaints would be the frame rate on Ps3, not smooth at all and the controls are a little clunky.

Soundtrack is excellent too. Loving this track.

• Advertisement

Just the got love the boom trophy, was reading how people found this trophy/achievement hard as the enemies rally group that tightly. Most people have to get a truck to show up with 4 people in it after the alarm going off, I wasn't even trying when i got it. I was half way up a tower when for some reason a full truck drove into the bottom, looked down and just for the hell of it fired the grenade launcher at em.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

dreamers75 wrote: »

Aye. Something that kinda bothered me. I thought it was on Vaas' island the first time I went over to it for that mission, but just wandering around. It certainly isn't the same setting.
    cambo2008 wrote: »
    Also got this off Mr Claus. Loving it so far, some good characters in it and a decent storyline from what I've played.

Whoever does the voice of Vaas does a sterling job, puts everything into it, a welcome change from the usual macho man, tough guy, ham acting stuff we get from the villains.

Only complaints would be the frame rate on Ps3, not smooth at all and the controls are a little clunky.

Soundtrack is excellent too. Loving this track.

The entire soundtrack is incredible. Love the Vaas music.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The entire soundtrack is incredible. Love the Vaas music.
    Can't go too wrong with Brian Tyler. He's got some fairly big movies on his CV and he's done a cracking job on this anyway.

So my vengeance wont be complete :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Also got this for Xmas, also think it's mind blowingly good.

I can't remember enjoying a game as much to be honest. To the point where I'm really upset when I have to go to bed... Just one more radio tower. Ah sure that Outpost is only 100m away... Ah brilliant now I'm in a goat area so I'll hunt a few of them. BOOM. Sunrise.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Got this at Christmas as well, some serious game. I haven't obsessively played a game like this since Skyrim. What I love the most is all the random encounters you come across, was about to sneak into a camp and take out all the guards silently but a tiger ran in from nowhere and killed all of them. Been kind of ignoring the main story and just doing load of side stuff. Its some laugh fighting sharks with a rpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Got this at Christmas as well, some serious game. I haven't obsessively played a game like this since Skyrim. What I love the most is all the random encounters you come across, was about to sneak into a camp and take out all the guards silently but a tiger ran in from nowhere and killed all of them. Been kind of ignoring the main story and just doing load of side stuff. Its some laugh fighting sharks with a rpg.
    One of the sillier hunting missions is to kill 12 rabid dogs with the RPG, be sure to pop repellent and tag them all first though!

Now, if only I knew how to play fecking poker... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

BopNiblets wrote: »
    One of the sillier hunting missions is to kill 12 rabid dogs with the RPG, be sure to pop repellent and tag them all first though

Did that one yesterday, got a bit of a laugh of it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

kill three bears with the 1911

joy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

In the same boat here, got it for Christmas and really surprised at just how much fun it is, I've avoided this thread for the past few weeks so knew nothing about the game heading in. A real STALKER vibe from it with just how dynamic the world is

All the gameplay elements are tight and well done, even the driving which is rare in a game like this and the story missions are good fun from what I've played so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Driving is brilliant, myself and a mate spent about 45 mins just belting around the jungle in a buggy/ATV. So fun.

The co-op is a good laugh too. There's not much to it in terms of objectives or difficulty, but it's good craic all the same.

I must give co op a go tonight after father ted that is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just finished the game there and thought it was brilliant.

Anyone coming from Far Cry 2 to this will see a ridiculous improvement in the game. Haven't played 2 since around when it came out but while that was boring and repetitive, this was the complete opposite.

Not much to add I'd imagine. All I'll say is I thought the story was good characters were excellent and the subjects were bold for such a big title. e.g
    human trafficking, rape, cults.

GOTY, I'm not sure, I'd have to think about it but it is definitely a contender.

Also regarding the ending -
    I'm glad I stuck with the friends, had a bad feeling about citra plus you'd be a bad bsatard to kill liza :)

And I'm sure this has cropped up several times but seriously what a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Got this at Christmas loving it sofar

psnid= GLOCKMIESTER

All add me as a friend please.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I think the characters are great but underused.

Big
    I was surprised by how early Buck and Vaas bowed out of the story considering how much emphasis was put on them in the marketing campaign. I am currently doing Sam's missions, so maybe this will be touched on more later on, but I thought the brother sister thing between Citra and Vaas could have been developed a bit further. Buck was cool but only what - 3 missions, maybe 4 with him? and all looking for a feckin knife that looks like it was lifted out of Skyrim.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is this available to buy anywhere in Dublin (Xbox 360)? Extra vision, HMV and Gamestop don't seem to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

This was hard to find. Just picked up the last copy in Argos, sold out everywhere else. Wasn't going to bother as I thought FC2 was terrible, but everyone seems to be saying that it's an assassins creed 1 to 2 level of improvement. Only played it a bit, but it does seem very promising. My only real negative so far is that this is another game that shows that the current gen of consoles needs to be replaced.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Hadn't though of Argos, thanks. Got one in Liffey Valley. They had 5 left this morning but seem to be out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

My only real negative so far is that this is another game that shows that the current gen of consoles needs to be replaced.

How do you come to that conclusion? It's probably one of the nicest looking games ever released IMO.

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »

How do you come to that conclusion? It's probably one of the nicest looking games ever released IMO.
    Framerate is quite poor to be honest. I'd imagine it looks a million times better on pc.

Advertisement