Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

eventually got around to finishing 2; after over a year whilst often a last resort it certainly filled a void over a great expanse so looking forward to more far cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

You forgot "in uncharted territory, but it is kind of the borderland between serious" :pac:

Cool vid though and i'm now looking forward to this game. Lot better advertisement for the game then previous vids. They also seemed to have worked on the misgivings of the second and gone back towards what made the first game great (before the mutants!).

A lot of people didn't like the mutants and then some more did, I suppose. I liked that it was a change in tone and pace half way through the game and the Trigens were f**king tough! At least, when you first encounter them. The first half of the game was arguably better but the premise and gameplay may have worn thin if stretched out over the entire game.

One accusation that you don't hear levelled at Far Cry much is that it was repetitive whereas it's said about Far Cry 2 all the time and in my opinion is true from my experience playing it. So, while the mutants divided people, don't forget that it was just one (a big one admittedly) of the elements to a pretty varied FPS game that Crytek included.

Hoping Far Cry 3 will be good but I'm skeptical that it will reach the ground breaking heights of the original. I hope that it will go back to it's stealth gameplay roots and I hope that Ubisoft for once can render a world that doesn't look plastic and can render some decently lush looking foliage to hide in for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where's the cheapest place to get the deluxe edition of this game? (pc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Will FC3 be open world? like gta!? i havent been following the game or news on it really. Or is it more open world feel but more like invisible coridoors guiding you to objectives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Will FC3 be open world? like gta!? i havent been following the game or news on it really. Or is it more open world feel but more like invisible coridoors guiding you to objectives?

open world.. was looking forward to this, but lack of previews has me concerned..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Headshot wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to get the deluxe edition of this game? (pc)

Is that the insane edition your talking about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the duluxe not available in shops?

idk

I want to buy a downloadable copy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I got a key with a new graphics card for this, to be used on Ubishop.com - Anyone ever use this site before? Is it possible to pre-load / pre download games before they are released on it, like Steam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Agricola wrote: »
    I got a key with a new graphics card for this, to be used on Ubishop.com - Anyone ever use this site before? Is it possible to pre-load / pre download games before they are released on it, like Steam?

Oh ffs, I forgot this is from Ubisoft ? Are they implementing their stupid DRM for the PC with this ?

Yeah, I've used the site before and have an account. I have it for a few games. Most recently was Splinter Cell Conviction / Drive San Francisco -, I think I downloaded it via STEAM to my PC , but then when you launch you get taken to Ubisofts website and have to play it through their too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Oh ffs, I forgot this is from Ubisoft ? Are they implementing their stupid DRM for the PC with this ?

Yeah, I've used the site before and have an account. I have it for a few games. Most recently was Splinter Cell Conviction / Drive San Francisco -, I think I downloaded it via STEAM to my PC , but then when you launch you get taken to Ubisofts website and have to play it through their too.

I don't think so, think they got rid of their "always on drm" a month or two ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

still have to sign into uplay or something for some games.

what card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

SeantheMan wrote: »

Not sure, but I thought Ubi got rid of their always on DRM. I imagine you'll still have to be logged into that uplay client if its not on steam.

I cant get it on steam myself, this key is for the Ubishop site. It allows you to purchase the game for free and then download it. Just dont know if I can do it before the release.
    what card?

This is the bundle. I got it for 239 during a weekend discount deal though.

Not sure, but I thought Ubi got rid of their always on DRM. I imagine you'll still have to be logged into that uplay client if its not on steam.

I cant get it on steam myself, this key is for the Ubishop site. It allows you to purchase the game for free and then download it. Just dont know if I can do it before the release.

This is the bundle. I got it for 239 during a weekend discount deal though.

omg thats great value,I think that card would be OTT For my rig though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Eurogamer review in,
    10/10. Did not see that coming at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

gizmo wrote: »
    Eurogamer review in,

WOW !!!

I honestly can say I had little to zero interest for this but I am now officially
    intrigued....

I'll wait for a few more reviews though.

wow what a great score

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Havo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

wow didnt expect that.

even if its really an 8 thats 6 more than i expected :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I thought it was going to be great before people knew it was great.

Yes, I'm a far cry 3 hipster

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gone from zero interest in this to wanting to pick it up straight away.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Can't wait for this! Reviews are so encouraging having never played any of the previous Far Cry games.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Havo

Its a bit of a shame that the co-op isn't meant to be great. Still though the singleplayer looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

gizmo wrote: »
    Eurogamer review in,
    There are 18 radio towers to scale as you make your way through the game, each of which highlights new objectives on your map and opens up new weapons to buy at local shops,
    There are over 30 enemy outposts to stalk and reclaim, each of which gives you a new safehouse and reduces enemy influence and presence in the surrounding area

Ughhhhh....

Starting to sound like FC2 in a tropical island setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

briany wrote: »

Ughhhhh....

Did you read the rest though? Each is unique in its approach. If its done right then I have no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

briany wrote: »
    Ughhhhh....

You need to keep reading those paragraphs (and the Kotaku review) :)
    ...and each tower is a unique first-person climbing challenge - a peaceful ascent through a creaking spiral of steel that's fraying at the edges, revealing beautiful panoramic views before sending you back down to earth on a thrilling zipline.
    Sounds more like Assassins Creed's towers except better.
    ...while there's some familiarity in layout, each is woven carefully into its surroundings - recessed into the foot of a mountain surrounded by jungle, perhaps, or swaddled in corrugated iron at the top of a hill, or perched on a rock at the edge of a wide beach approach.

and from Kotaku:
    Realizing that my 20th base raid had been just as exciting and unpredictable as my first.

Not too worried tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just from the reviews, I read it as a cross between Just Cause and Skyrim, which sounds all kinds of awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

My finger is now hovering over the Steam pre-order button. Can't think of many reasons not to (apart from being broke).

Anyone tempted by the extra missions on the delux?

Advertisement