Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Can't get this anywhere

:(

ken black wexford €34.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

marco_polo wrote: »
    You can't just say that and not leave the map coordinates. :p

I couldnt tell you exactly where it is but I'm pretty sure its in the north east island near badtown.Theres a bridge next to it. Its some laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Could we start a psnid list for Irish / Boardsies who are playing Farcry 3 ?

If so, where (what forum) would someone start it?

I think it would be good to have a bunch of us together.

my psnid is GLOCKMIESTER

ADD ME:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Great game so far one of the best of the year,
    What weapon combinations are people using? I just got the 4 weapon holster, but I had been using the MS16 with the sight and suppressor, the M-700 with the increased zoom scope and suppressor and the RPG, what would be a good 4th weapon to carry?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bow and Arrow, Signature Assault Rifle and Signature SMG/Grenade Launcher and .50 cal Signature Sniper

• Advertisement

What weapon combinations are people using? I just got the 4 weapon holster, but I had been using the MS16 with the sight and suppressor, the M-700 with the increased zoom scope and suppressor and the RPG, what would be a good 4th weapon to carry?

Flare Gun just for the shnare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Slight spoiler..
    Just discovered what fire can do while burning down fields of weed with a flamethrower to some Damien Marley dubstep, brilliant
    :D

Harps wrote: »
    Slight spoiler..
    Just discovered what fire can do while burning down fields of weed with a flamethrower to some Damien Marley dubstep, brilliant
    :D

It never ends either. Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Signature Bushman Assault Rifle
    Customised Z93 Sniper (Silencer, HP scope, Extended Mag)
    GL94
    RPG/Flare Gun

It's always handy to have the GL94 as one of your weapons, I'd personally take it over flamethrower any day. It gives you a nice option for dealing with jeeps or groups and of course the splash damage will soften up anyone not killed by the blast outright :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Am i the only one who found the game to be very repetitive and got bored easily?
    Could be the lure of so many other games though but it just felt repetitive to me.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Am i the only one who found the game to be very repetitive and got bored easily?
    Could be the lure of so many other games though but it just felt repetitive to me.

yes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Chavways wrote: »
    yes

Nice input there mate :)

Its the only game I've played for the past 4 weeks since it launched :D Even got Hitman for Xmas but haven't finished it as I had a craving to go back to FC3 again. So no I can't say I find it boring or repetitive at all, it's easily the best game released this year by a mile and nothing else comes close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Where is the knife throwing in Amanaki?

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Where is the knife throwing in Amanaki?

It's in a shed behind the safe house. I think it unlocks once you've done a few missions but you should see a target board icon for it on the map.

Thanks, don't think I've got that far yet!

EDIT: just unlocked it there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Far Cry 3 is now on sale on Steam, 25% off bringing it to €38. I have seen it cheaper elsewhere (Amazon for example), but it might interest people nonetheless.

I reckon now is a good time to purchase it, and that's what I intend doing. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well warts and all I can't really turn down FC2 for 2.50 now can I.

The co-op missions are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Finally got to sit down with this and managed to a put a couple of hours in. I really love the randomness of the world.

Quick question. Is the
    weed
    burning mission part of the main storyline or a side mission? I've heard enough about it without spoiling it but don't want to miss it :)

• Advertisement

Finally got to sit down with this and managed to a put a couple of hours in. I really love the randomness of the world.

Quick question. Is the
    weed
    burning mission part of the main storyline or a side mission? I've heard enough about it without spoiling it but don't want to miss it :)

It's part of the main storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

No I also think it's pretty mediocre/ 5 hours - You've seen and done everything. It's too easy as well. The outposts never get harder to take, same **** all over both islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Corvo

nig1 wrote: »

ken black wexford €34.99

Got it there today. Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Reinstalling this onto an SSD was fun :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

far cry 3 doesnt really seem like the kind of game that would benefit from an ssd

actually I installed mine onto an ssd too... so maybe i'm wrong. it was pretty nippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

Hoping to get this game soon i think they still have it in ballina xtra vision for 27.99 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Started playing this properly today, so much fun :). There was a croc stalking me at the starter mission to kill the boar i shot him in the eyes and then cut him up :P.

I also got an achievement for not setting an alarm off in a base by letting out a tiger :). I then had to put poor old sheba (the tiger) down as it was killing my buddies but i will make him into something nice at a future point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

BrianG23 wrote: »
    No I also think it's pretty mediocre/ 5 hours - You've seen and done everything. It's too easy as well. The outposts never get harder to take, same **** all over both islands.

It's odd but while I disagree and totally enjoyed Far Cry 3 there is lots of stuff there that we really should have been seeing more of in games long before now imo.

It got me thinking of good old Boiling Point, a game that remains one of my all time favorites purely based on ambition. Buggy but eventually fixed and perfectly playable these days. So I went and bought the follow up to that game Xenus 2: White Gold and once I had downloaded the Russian audio and unofficial fan patch away I went wandering around a series of tropical islands doing side missions galore for either Government, Guerrillas, Mafia, Civilians, native Indians or Bandits depending on my leanings.

This has involved boating my way to an island of hippies and helping that group get their fill of ganja, buying a spare oxygen tank to then dive into the sea and find an underground cave where a diver was trapped, flying a plane over a town on one of the larger islands to drop guerrilla propaganda leaflets, buying my own island, sailing to a small island with a statue of lenin to fix it and turn the statue so that he is pointing in the right direction to inspire the guerrillas and at some point I will contact the CIA on the main island to follow the main story missions to track down the source of dodgy cocaine.

Once I've finished that I'll try their other game released at the same time called Precursors which is a sci-fi game where you wander a planet in fps mode doing missions, buy a space ship and engage in elite style combat while travelling to other planets with more areas to wander in fps doing more side missions.

These kinds of things make me wish more games including Far Cry 3 weren't more ambitious :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ukranian made? I'm sold

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

ukranian made? I'm sold

Yeah bat**** crazy stuff with poor english translations but I'm very forgiving. I'm basically playing with all npcs speaking in russian and the english subtitles below which varys from adequate to really poor. rpgwatch forum guys have been slowly trying to fix up the english for both Xenus 2 and Precursors - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42.

Advertisement