Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know how much this is trading in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Put C4 on your car (back bumper), drive towards the outpost jump out and hide. They will investigate the car :pac:

brb, off to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I've just turned on my PS3 a while ago and found all my weapons were unequipped and all my ammo was gone:(, and the camera isn't working so I can't carry on with the story, I'm on the mission Deepthroat where the camera is needed,
    I've played 16 hours so far so I don't want to have to restart,
    Anyone else here had this problem?, quite a few others have had it on other forums and it doesn't look like there's a fix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just can't get enough of this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Been playing this for a few days now.

Even though I have liberated enough radio towers to have unlocked free flamethrowers and RPGs, I just can't bring myself to use anything other than my red-sight bow and arrows. And the occasional takedown, naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Been playing this for a few days now.

Even though I have liberated enough radio towers to have unlocked free flamethrowers and RPGs, I just can't bring myself to use anything other than my red-sight bow and arrows. And the occasional takedown, naturally.

I'm the same.I'm on the south island now and all I still use is the bow and arrow and the silenced sniper.I hate making noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chavways wrote: »
    I'm the same.I'm on the south island now and all I still use is the bow and arrow and the silenced sniper.I hate making noise.

I found the silenced sniper to be too easy/powerful, so I imposed a rule that I'm just not allowed use it. Bows, sure, silenced pistol, sure. No sniper though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Loving this game so far. The only thing that i can say that i don't like about it is that im finding it way to easy to get through. A few hours in when you have crafted most of the items available then it becomes a walk in the park.

Taking advice from the posts above, i think i will restrict myself to one weapon to make it more challenging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i kinda agree with that complaint (or comment, if complaint is a bit harsh) but I read somewhere, I think RPS, someone was talking about how they actually loved that feature of the game. you get your weapons and "upgrades" quite early on and then you're let loose on the island to do what you will instead of unlocking the most awesome weapon ever and only being able to use it on 5 guys on the very last segment of the last level

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Complete an outpost using only mines and C4 and remain undetected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Should anyone find them in Xtravision for 27 quid let me know! Is there any online passes or anything with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Is it possible to 'liberate' Hoyt's compound?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Is it possible to 'liberate' Hoyt's compound?

Nope tried so many different ways, same with towns.

Once your guns are away you cant kill anyone, even if you fly a jeep over the wall with C4 all over it.

My purifying the island has come to a stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I just tried playing this for the first time today after picking it up in the Steam sale, and it is unplayable for me. It keeps crashing to desktop at random times and it seems that my save games are not being stored as a result. I have had to sit through the opening sequence five times now . . . very disappointing. First game I have had serious crashing issues with in a very long time!

Indeed, pig of a game to get running for me as well as I had the similar crashing issues. It crashed in Dx11 & Dx9-even when I got decent FPS it was stuttering, I tried with crossfire on & off, with and without the CPU & GPU overclocked..ugh. Pain in the hole.

Try the following fixes from here and here;

I finally got it stable by running in Dx9, disabling depth of field (gave me a 15+ fps boost) & Ambient Occlusion. I'm also using the latest AMD drivers (12.11 beta) and CAPS. Another thing I did was closed afterburner and used catalyst control centre to OC my cards.

And after all that, because I'm running it at 5928 x 1080 bezel corrected, the hud is broken-the mini map is huge (oh, the irony..) so I disabled it too :)
    Well worth doing anyway there are too many notifications and crap constantly popping up IMO.

GL getting it to run, its well worth the effort when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This is a hard game to find. I have a voucher for HMV that I want to use but each store I have tried doesn't have the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This is a hard game to find. I have a voucher for HMV that I want to use but each store I have tried doesn't have the game.

Yeah there must have been a lot of Far Cry 3's on Santy's lists, either that or they got swept up in the sales. Have a mate looking for one and no HMV's or Xtravisions in the country seem to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ehh...
    Did Citra just date-rape me and give me magical powers???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

6 or 7 copies in xtra vision thurles for 27.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Gave up and ordered mine off amazon for 32 euro, dispatched today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Citra the feckin slut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

With KNOCKERS like that she can do what the FOOK she wants to me.....

Mods!!!!!!

Will check that one out morrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone know if or where I could find any of the dialogue on mp3/wav or any other sound files?
    Preferably Vaas' insanity spiel.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Anyone know if or where I could find any of the dialogue on mp3/wav or any other sound files?
    Preferably Vaas' insanity spiel.

in the sound DAT

May need tools to open them.

http://farcry.nexusmods.com/mods/searchresults/?cat=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

in the sound DAT

May need tools to open them.

http://farcry.nexusmods.com/mods/searchresults/?cat=6
    I wouldn't have a clue about anything like that. I'm not a PC gamer just wanted it for a bit of sampling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

So far about 20hours in and still on first Island as I have been avoiding progressing the story.
    I've done all the side missions/quests/outposts/towers so finally decided to continue on the main story. In the second story mission I have to do I get handed a
    flamethrower
    :) Volume on speakers up straight away as I knew what to expect from all the talk on here. Was worth the wait and glad I didn't hear/see the mission beforehand. Love that tune now as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I stopped doing the main story to pursue the radio stations and outposts. I have all of the radio stations done and have about half of the outposts done.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I've only got about 5 supply drops, 3 blue exclamation missions, 1 wanted dead to do. The only thing stopping me getting 100% completion is going around for the relics. Just not bothered.

SgtBob wrote: »
    I've only got about 5 supply drops, 3 blue exclamation missions, 1 wanted dead to do. The only thing stopping me getting 100% completion is going around for the relics. Just not bothered.

Dont need 100 relics just 30? or whichever gets you the weapon. Not sure but you dont need them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Dont need 100 relics just 30? or whichever gets you the weapon. Not sure but you dont need them all.

Yeah, I got 60, as I had about 40 and realised 60 gets you the achievement. So happy enough with that. But If I carried on with them, I would have 100% completion by the time I finish the story.

Advertisement