Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Will be getting this on Monday, would I be better off doing side quests, towers, etc first? Really like the sound of that bow & feature arrow as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

marko93 wrote: »
    Will be getting this on Monday, would I be better off doing side quests, towers, etc first? Really like the sound of that bow & feature arrow as well!

Do what you want tbh, i think thats the point :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The main quest line unlocks new blocks of skills every few missions though, so its worth keeping it ticking along.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

marco_polo wrote: »
    The main quest line unlocks new blocks of skills every few missions though, so its worth keeping it ticking along.

I did a load of side stuff first and leveled like mad. When I did unlock the new skills, I was able to buy the new skills and a few of the old ones all in one go.

Was funny standing on the side of the road watching the tattoo grow up the main characters arm like some sort of virus. Loving jungle run and knife throw takedowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I unlocked all the towers and did the side missions until there was nothing but the story mission available. It was good to have the map available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yeah biatch!

Signature sniper rifle: 1, Helicopter: 0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It helps a lot to know you are doing a story mission in tiger territory, keeps you sharp! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah its good to do a mixture of the story mission and the side quests.

I did the first few story missions until the game told me to explore the Island. So I went around freeing all the outposts, radio towers etc. By the time I had finished unlocking them all though I had about 9 skill points to spend as I had reached a block on the skill tree. This meant that I'm now currently on my 11th story mission in a row (though I am liking the story although the last few levels made the game feel like tomb raider/uncharted as a FPS!). The main story also throws you all over the place so handy having a few safe house to quick travel to nearby.

If I did decide to a second playthrough I'd unlock the nearby radio towers and outposts then play the story missions up to the first time you meet
    Citra
    as that way you would get play with a lot more of your powers on the other outposts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It helps a lot to know you are doing a story mission in tiger territory, keeps you sharp! :pac:

Feckers do have a habit of ruining a perfectly good stealth run alright. :mad:

I took a short break from gaming in general so have not complete this yet. Currently on the south island. I didn't exactly lose interest after
    Killing Vaas but I just didn't like the way it happened. Something was a let down there for me. Can't put my finger on it though.

Only weapon I am after now is the sig assault. Need to sort the towers on the south island and I'll have it. I have everything I want off the skill tree so anything else is just a bonus and there is very little left for me to get. I'm sure I'll finish up soon. Really enjoying the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I collected all relics and the achievement didn't trigger, I think this is how Vaas went crazy...

Same for Lost letters, BAH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

I am not freeing all the outposts. the best thing about the game is hunting wallies on a security beat or c4ing a vehicle. From now one I'm taking towers and butchering steamers at outposts but I'm making sure I leave one alive so it stays in their hands and he can tell all his mates the big dawg is in this just for kicks. Boom.

Actually I'm putting it to hardest difficulty, I gave up my automatics and sniper rifles and still took a base last night with just a handgun and throwables, even when back up was called in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Dunno if I posting in the wrong thread so mods, feel free to move / remove.

Has anyome bought Far Cry 3 online from Xtravision? The game is €60 in most places except Xtravision, where it is €26.

I rang my local store who advised they were all sold out and wouldn't have the game for a few weeks but there is still the option to buy it through their onlien store?

If I do buy it this way, will I be waiting weeks until they have it in stock again, does anyone know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

NOBODY TOLD ME THERE'S MANTA-RAYS IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Chavways wrote: »
    NOBODY TOLD ME THERE'S MANTA-RAYS IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Was looking through my stats and animals that I killed and noticed a few that I have yet to see. Only got to the south island last night so I'm presuming I'll find those that I missed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

has anyone had a problem with losing all weapons and the camera at any stage? i was playing it last night and after dying i lost everything and the camera wouldn't work :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

has anyone had a problem with losing all weapons and the camera at any stage? i was playing it last night and after dying i lost everything and the camera wouldn't work :confused:

Yes.

Also got a loading shark while sneaking and not doing anything fast, the game just freezes but the PS3 does not.

After finishing the game are the mercenaries meant to
    attack you on sight again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started this yesterday, loving it. Sneaking through the jungle with a crossbow and taking out soldiers or having a huge firefight at an outpost, both brilliant.

Varik wrote: »
    Yes.

Also got a loading shark.....

manuelquerI8.jpg

Yeah because you aren't wearing the uniform anymore so they know its you.

• Advertisement

they do for me anyway but i can only find them in certain places.

Chavways wrote: »
    Yeah because you aren't wearing the uniform anymore so they know its you.
    they do for me anyway but i can only find them in certain places.

Never notice until now as I've usually killed them before the could.

I was just walking and then the started to attack.

Tried to do another shooting range there, still don't have a weapon when I try.

Had one of the right type out and ready when I talk to the guy but nothing happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still can't get enough of this game, took a break for a week and thought I might find it hard to get back into it but not a chance. Did one of those bounty hunter missions with the knife just there, love picking everyone off one by one and moving around after every kill so I'm never seen. I shot one of the fire guys and he exploded and a tree caught fire, that attracted a bear which mauled someone but during the madness someone shot an explosive barrel which then blew apart another few guys and set off a raging inferno, with only the target left standing, that let me just calmly walk up to the guy and knife him in the back, the randomness of it all is just brilliant :D

There is one thing that seriously annoys me about this game. When you are going around looking for relics and letters on mountains I hate the way that there is usually only one way to get up them. You have to walk hundreds of metres to find the one and only pathway up the mountain.. It takes me 15 minutes to find the route sometimes. And also the 4x4s are seriously underpowered and they cant climb any sort of a hill without loads of speed. Pretty pointless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was walking along in the jungle last night,next I fell down a hole :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

North side? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eh I think it was on the first island,near the gas camp,it was so random :D

double post.

• Advertisement

Heh, sry. taking the piss,I was insinuating the north side of Cork. :D

Advertisement