Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

This pretty much sums up it's 80's tone and humour :D
    iqXhfFXPjGIEB.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

2 tracks from the soundtrack, which is very 80's:

Sound familiar? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tutorial is ****in hilarious so i have heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

gizmo wrote: »

Meh. Seems a bit gimmicky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Looks like a lot of fun to me. The gameplay in far cry 3 was excellent I thought, all the guns handled really well. I'll definitely be picking this up as long as its not crazy expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

EGriff wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of fun to me. The gameplay in far cry 3 was excellent I thought, all the guns handled really well. I'll definitely be picking this up as long as its not crazy expensive.

15 yoyos on steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/233270/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Awful shame the leak happened.

Looks like a quality game.

moar far cry 3 but with dragons and lasers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think I talked some shíte about Far Cry 3 but I've been playing it and I take it back for the most part. It's an excellent FPS. It's fun just to go around taking outposts and climbing towers, putting off the main story for hours in completion of that one goal. The southern island in particular offers quite a few sweet spots for sniping a whole camp. Always funny when the Rakyat roll up afterward and walk around going "This is all me" etc. Some of the most annoying friendly AI I've come across. It was funny when I sniped and rocketed an outpost, the Rakyat rolled up in their car through a big patch of burning grass and burned to death. The remaining Rakyat blamed it on me and started shooting and yelling traitor. Idiots. Any way I can join the pirate side?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

^ Had something similar. Had mines all over the camp. One of the islanders walked into one. Suddenly all hell broke lose. What it's my fault the guy was an idiot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm nearly finished the story (I think) and I have to say it's one of the most enjoyable FPS games I've ever played. I wasn't sure how they'd handle the boss scenes, but they were done brilliantly - at times it was like being in a movie. The graphics, story, music, sound fx, etc - all were superb. And as briany mentioned above, just walking around taking out outposts or hunting animals is great fun.

When you think of the amount of little quests and tasks around the world you realise how much work they put into the game. I know when I finish the story I'm still going to play it for a while and I've never done that with a game before. Top marks.

I just finished the game there - wow wow wow!! What a great ending to a great game. Genuinely spine-tingling conclusion to one of the most enjoyable and memorable games I've played since the original Half Life. 10/10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I assume you chose the evil bastard ending then as the good guy ending was pretty ****

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Finished this on Friday. Cracking game. I'm going throught it again. Can anyone tell me what happens if you choose to stay with Citra? There's no way I'm ever going to be able to
    kill lisa

5uspect wrote: »
    It's on YouTube.

and it's incredible

(I watched it on youtube, I'm not a monster)

I assume you chose the evil bastard ending then as the good guy ending was pretty ****

The island has changed you, my friend!

I chose the good guy ending!

lisa was an annoying bitch but damnit she didn't deserve to die for it!

Heh no I'm the perennial nice guy in games and chose the good guy ending - I didn't like what the other ending was suggesting! I'll probably go back and try the other one though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 RonanDwyer

Is anyone getting the new DLC? Looks amazing to me - ZOMBIES!

RonanDwyer wrote: »
    Is anyone getting the new DLC? Looks amazing to me - ZOMBIES!

Wha, where...when?

The only DLC I've got is the co-op. When's the next one out? Would definately get it!

SuprSi wrote: »
    Heh no I'm the perennial nice guy in games and chose the good guy ending - I didn't like what the other ending was suggesting! I'll probably go back and try the other one though.

just look up the video on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I don't have a Windows machine so if I get this game I'll have to get it on either the 360 or PS3. Is there a consensus as to which is the better version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I don't have a Windows machine so if I get this game I'll have to get it on either the 360 or PS3. Is there a consensus as to which is the better version?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-far-cry-3-face-off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

PS3, apparently the 360 versions fubar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

VinLieger wrote: »
    PS3, apparently the 360 versions fubar

Ran perfectly for me on the 360 and I've never heard any complaints about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ran perfectly for me on the 360 and I've never heard any complaints about it.

Sorry all the criticism i had read was for the consoles vs PC, yeah dont think theres any major difference between the console versions though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone had any issues with this game loading on the PS3? When I start it up it takes up to 6 minutes to finally load to the start screen. And sometimes it never gets that far and I have to quit to the XMB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Has anyone had any issues with this game loading on the PS3? When I start it up it takes up to 6 minutes to finally load to the start screen. And sometimes it never gets that far and I have to quit to the XMB.

I had that problem on Xbox when I first got the game at Xmas, it was because Ubisoft servers were overloaded. Try sign out of PSN and try it, if that works then it's a server problem. If not, I've no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Just finished it last night. Only problem I had on the PS3 was that once or twice when there was a couple of vehicles in motion and Jason was on the phone at the same time it froze for a couple of seconds. Only bug I encountered was when a guy stepped on a mine and it stuck him to the side of a building. Looked cool though :)

Really enjoyed it for the most part. Stealth and assault both worked really well and I loved the takedowns. Rigging a whole outpost with a lot of C4 and mines and then watching the carnage ensue was a lot of fun too.

Found the gameplay got a little repetitive toward the end though but that might be cause I had maxed XP
    before I found Riley.
    Won't go back to finish all the side quests.

Best thing about the game for me though was Vaas, Hoyt and Sam. Three excellent characters imo. Enjoyed all the scenes with them.
    Sam in the jeep on the fifty cal was funny as and the scene where Hoyt stabs him really shocked me. And Vaas was just excellent from the opening scene.

am I the only person who far preferred hoyt to vaas?

that scene where he
    stabs the fella and then screams something like " do you think I'm ****ing stupid" like a ****ing maniac
    loved it more than anything vaas did

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?

Prefering Hoyt over Vaas.. :D

j/k! hoyt certainly did have that real dark malevolence down alright

• Advertisement

I thought both characters were superb and really made the story work as you didn't know what they were going to do next. They were animated and acted really well too.

Advertisement