Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

The trailer for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon looks absolutely amazing- does anyone know if a hard copy will be available for xbox 360 or is it download only I can't seem to find out and I have no internet connection on my xbox, this would make me very sad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bloody launch times. We're 3 hours into May 1st and it's still 16 hours before I can play the damn thing. May 1st will be nearly over by then! D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

The trailer for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon looks absolutely amazing- does anyone know if a hard copy will be available for xbox 360 or is it download only I can't seem to find out and I have no internet connection on my xbox, this would make me very sad..

Sorry to make you very sad but it's digital download only buddy.

Was looking for an excuse to get out of work early to play Blood Dragon. Pinched a nerve in my back somehow during a fire drill. I get my wish, but hobbling home will probably take as much time as staying in til quitting time and getting a taxi... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

sin0city wrote: »
    Sorry to make you very sad but it's digital download only buddy.

Majorly negative... Cheers for the reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm finding this game pretty tough, mainly it is the island wildlife that is killing me. It can be frustrating at times. For instance I was sneaking around outside a base trying to find the location of all the enemies. Just before I was about to attack I heard the growl of a tiger. It was night time and I couldn't see where the sound was coming from. The next second I was dead and I had to start it all again. Then there are the times when packs of rabid dogs jump on me from out of nowhere.

Still, good game so far.

Sweet Jesus this is beautiful. It has every cheesy 80's cliché there is. The music is absolutely perfect, and swear there are bits lifted directly from Predator. And the bad guy wears the same string vest as Bennet from Commando.

For the love of God buy this game. The developers truly deserve your money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'll wait for a steam sale
    15 euro is just blatant profiteering

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Blatant profiteering at €15....what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

You can flip people off whilr using the shotgun in blood dragon :pac: so cheesy and cliche its good :)

• Advertisement

Just passed the Aliens rip-off. So many awful puns. Blood Dragon is everything I've ever wanted in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mouche

Far Cry 3 is great. One of my favourite games. And Blood Dragon looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mouche wrote: »
    Far Cry 3 is great. One of my favourite games. And Blood Dragon looks great!

I'm on my third or fourth playthrough at the Warrior setting, constantly playing co-op and still can't get enough. I've actually started watching LOST having watched it about 6/7 years ago.
    My only issue is they could have ramped up the difficulty settings. Definately getting Blood Dragon this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anybody fancy some co op on PS3 my tag is same as here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I totally forgot to install it (Blood Dragon) last night. I was looking at the Destructoid Twitch stream when I was in bed and got there just in time to see the start. I was instantly angry cause the guy was using a controller whilst playing the game on PC (what a fking n00b tard), but the intro and the cheese and all that went with it made a part of my brain fizz and pop with excitement. Can't wait to get it installed this evening.

I'm finding this game pretty tough, mainly it is the island wildlife that is killing me. It can be frustrating at times. For instance I was sneaking around outside a base trying to find the location of all the enemies. Just before I was about to attack I heard the growl of a tiger. It was night time and I couldn't see where the sound was coming from. The next second I was dead and I had to start it all again. Then there are the times when packs of rabid dogs jump on me from out of nowhere.

Still, good game so far.

Until you're more comfortable with the other weapons I found the best solution for the wildlife was a shotgun or a mine.

I was having trouble knowing where stuff was coming from too but then I got a DSS2 and a decent set of headphones. Or the Sony Pulse wireless headset if you're on PS3. You can know exactly where stuff is coming from.
    No more spinning aroung in circles in a panic.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I totally forgot to install it (Blood Dragon) last night. I was looking at the Destructoid Twitch stream when I was in bed and got there just in time to see the start. I was instantly angry cause the guy was using a controller whilst playing the game on PC (what a fking n00b tard), but the intro and the cheese and all that went with it made a part of my brain fizz and pop with excitement. Can't wait to get it installed this evening.

The intro wasn't even over before I proclaimed it the Greatest of Things. 8 hours later I finally stopped playing because it was 5am and I'd forgotten to leave the bin out that night because the game was so goddamn amazing. You're going to f*cking adore all the cheesy references, jokes, homages and one-liners, my good man. The intro isn't even the best bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Shiminay wrote: »

iv just finished downloading this off steam and plan on using a control pad, u mad ?

Using a control pad for a FPS. Now that right there is the definition of insanity.

Sarky wrote: »
    Using a control pad for a FPS. Now that right there is the definition of insanity.

if i were to throw on some css and rape some noobs, surely id use a mouse and keyboard like i do, but if i want to sit back and enjoy a single player experience on my hdtv, like i like to do too, then ill use DS3 tool with my ps3 controll and sit back, relax on the couch and play that sheeeit

• Advertisement

And really it says more about you than the guy using the controller when you call them a "fking n00b tard".

if i were to throw on some css and rape some noobs,

You go to their house or ambush them on the street and force yourself upon them in a sexual way?

You go to their house or ambush them on the street and force yourself upon them in a sexual way?

have you been spying on me ?

I was trying to say that trivialising rape isn't cool and that you probably shouldn't do it, but never mind, carry on.

I was trying to say that trivialising rape isn't cool and that you probably shouldn't do it, but never mind, carry on.

i guess your right, maybe i should choose my words more wisely, its not my intention to make rape sound trivial in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I didn't take it you were trivilising anything. It's common gaming terminology. If I was offended by things like that I'd turn off the internet forever.

Doesn't matter if it's common, it's still wrong.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

sin0city wrote: »
    And really it says more about you than the guy using the controller when you call them a "fking n00b tard".

I think if you're going to represent a mainstream gaming media organisation and stream a game (from a PC) whilst sitting at a desk in a studio and you're *not* going to use a mouse and a keyboard to play an FPS game, then I'm going to assume that you and by extension your organisation haven't the first fking idea what you're doing or talking about. Having seen the way the guy played, this assumption was shown to be correct.

Relevant: Blood Dragon director has a sequel in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jones85

Anyone play far cry 3 blood dragon, is it any good?

Advertisement