Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

i Maybe wrong, only watched a few seconds but I think its the very first level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

blobby360 wrote: »
    Is there spoilers in the vid ?

Yeah looks to be very early in the game... it's all in german though.
    Just skipped through the cut-scene bits and enjoyed the walk through the lovely countryside (reminded me of skyrim with guns!?).

What annoyed me more though was he had a choice between a zip-line (?) and a hand glider but he chose to walk :(

Looking great though... any ideas of PC specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yeah looks to be very early in the game... it's all in german though.
    Just skipped through the cut-scene bits and enjoyed the walk through the lovely countryside (reminded me of skyrim with guns!?).

What annoyed me more though was he had a choice between a zip-line (?) and a hand glider but he chose to walk :(

Looking great though... any ideas of PC specs?

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75919/far-cry-3-system-requirements-confirmed
    Far Cry 3 PC system requirements confirmed
    by Alice O'Connor, Sep 25, 2012 10:00am PDT
    Related Topics – Far Cry 3, Ubisoft, PC, Ubisoft Montreal, Far Cry Series, Ubisoft Shanghai, Massive Entertainment
    The Far Cry series has always demanded a bit of muscle to run well on PC, though of course the advantage is that it's looked best on PC. Ubisoft today confirmed Far Cry 3's system requirements, so see if your computerator has the grunt to run the latest open-world-y FPS.

Minimum Specs
    CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6700/AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ or equivalent dual-core
    Video: Nvidia GTX8800/AMD Radeon HD2900 or equivalent 512MB DirectX 9c card
    Memory: 4GB

Recommended Specs
    CPU: Intel Core i3-530/AMD Phenom II X2 565 or equivalent quad-core
    Video: Nvidia GTX480/AMD Radeon HD5770 or equivalent 1024MB DirectX 11 card
    Memory: 4GB

Hi-Performance Specs
    Video: Nvidia GTX680/AMD Radeon HD7970 or equivalent shiny new DirectX 11 card
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K/AMD Bulldozer FX4150 or equivalent quad-core
    Memory: 8GB
    The DRM involves, as per Ubisoft's new policy, a one-time activation through Uplay. You'll only need to be online if you want to play multiplayer, such as the intriguing four-player co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Cheers for that Gbear. PC for me so.

Saw something in PCGamer review but wasn't sure of exact specs
    PCGamer wrote:
    Other than that, it’s a nice PC version: responsive mouse movement, specific graphics and FoV options, tutorials reflect your custom controls, and it runs decently on Ultra-everything on a modest 3GHz dual core machine with a Radeon HD 5800. The engine doesn’t quite suit the jungle as beautifully as it did the African desert in Far Cry 2, but it has some beautiful views.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

This is actually looking really good, wasn't the biggest fan of Far Cry 2, but judging from the reviews this sounds very promising. I really hope the shooting is better in this, hated the way in 2 you had to unload a whole clip into a enemy before they died and that was if your gun didn't jam in the middle of shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

An I7 recommended for Hi-Performance. Is this the first game to make good use of hyperthreading?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

tuxy wrote: »
    An I7 recommended for Hi-Performance. Is this the first game to make good use of hyperthreading?

Don't think you could read too much into it, the performance spec looks a bit off TBH as the FX-4100 is nowhere near in the same league as the i7-2600K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I hope my i5-2500k @ 4.6 GHz holds up, after all it's not an i7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

sink wrote: »
    I hope my i5-2500k @ 4.6 GHz holds up, after all it's not an i7.

4.6GHz? Nice.

Mine is running is running at stock, can't remember what that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

tuxy wrote: »
    Nah, Dunia is based on a heavily-modified version of the CryEngine 2 so I'd wager the inclusion of the i7 there is more to do with it being the most expensive rather than best. :o

We won't start seeing true hyperthreading-enabled games until sometime next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

quarryman wrote: »
    4.6GHz? Nice.

Mine is running is running at stock, can't remember what that is.

3.3ghz is stock. Mine is only stable at 4.4 ghz. I have never head of a 2500k that didn't make it to at least 4.2 and 4.6 is not unusual.
    Put a good cpu cooler on it and start overclocking it's what these cpus were made for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

marco_polo wrote: »
    Don't think you could read too much into it, the performance spec looks a bit off TBH as the FX-4100 is nowhere near in the same league as the i7-2600K.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that but throwing down the first hit from google is better manners then directing them to "let me google that for you".:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Less than 1 week til Far Cry! :D:D:D
    I've had my insane edition prebooked since the summer, paid it off this week. Considering skipping college and playing all day friday (so as not to conflict with the toy show that night!). I've always believed this game will be amazing (blindly so since it was announced to be honest) but the reviews have me seriously excited.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Gbear wrote: »
    Yeah, I kinda noticed that but throwing down the first hit from google is better manners then directing them to "let me google that for you".:)

I didn't mean it like that, I was solely referring to the Hi performance CPU spec, everything on there looks in order:). The GPU ones are always the most useful anyway.

So looking forward to this this game I've spent about a half an hour hovering over the check out button for this, although it would run it fine my HD4870 is just too long in the tooth to get the absolute best out of this game. Can't really afford but trying to justify it to myself by subtracting the retail cost of Far Cry 3 :p

Think I'll have another few beers and decide then :)

Game-Smack Ireland are giving away 2 copies of Far Cry 3.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Game-Smack-Ireland/185773831459166

Just like share and comment if you want it on ps3 or xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Game-Smack Ireland are giving away 2 copies of Far Cry 3.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Game-Smack-Ireland/185773831459166

Just like share and comment if you want it on ps3 or xbox.

Pff no PC, thats where this game is really gonna shine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i pre ordered FC3 in gamestop and the sales assistant said it was the 'deluxe' version for €80 but they didnt know what was in it/included. i can cancel it and take the normal retail copy if i want, however just curious which version of this is it anyone know??

Yeah the 80 euro one is the Insane edition. You get bobblehead, artbook, a puch and DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Delighted I ordered my PC insane edition from Amazon for £32 (€40). Had an £8 voucher to boot making it £24.

The PS3 Insane edition is only £50 (€61) on Amazon although you almost certainly wouldn't get it for launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Delighted I ordered my PC insane edition from Amazon for £32 (€40). Had an £8 voucher to boot making it £24.

The PS3 Insane edition is only £50 (€61) on Amazon although you almost certainly wouldn't get it for launch day.

Plus postage charges on top of that!

• Advertisement

Pics of the Far Cry 3 Ireland launch, as posted by the Far Cry Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10151306898100708.518375.24802085707&type=1

Were you there?

Clickonline.com and bone-idle.ie are always giving away copies of Far Cry 3.

The more I read about it the more it sounds this could be the 2nd best game of the year (The Walking Dead won't be topped for me). Thinking of even trading Hitman to get this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Plus postage charges on top of that!
    It should qualify for 'free supersaver delivery' with Amazon since it's over £25.
    Oh, you were talking about the price of postage from Gamestop weren't you??? Either way, €80 is very steep for it.

Only saw this today, it's a live action mini series starring McLovin and Michael Mando who gives his likeness and voice to Far Cry 3 villain Vaas.

Great watching it altogether, Mando does a great job and its class seeing his game character at the end of each video. Even more hyped for this now.

You can even vote for the outcome of video 4 by leaving a comment. The final video will be out December 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Does anyone know what the prices are for this one in ireland? and is it coming out on thursday or friday. I thought it was coming out on friday but then i saw it was releasing in EU on 29th and on 30th in wikipedia ! Does anyone know for sure if its coming out on thursday or friday in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

jmx009 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the prices are for this one in ireland? and is it coming out on thursday or friday. I thought it was coming out on friday but then i saw it was releasing in EU on 29th and on 30th in wikipedia ! Does anyone know for sure if its coming out on thursday or friday in ireland?

29th is the continental release date, 30th is UK & Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

xtravision are doing it for €40 with free delivery when you preorder online with a discount code. To get the code go to https://www.facebook.com/Xtravision?ref=stream and redeem the offer, you then get a code to use when you pre order online from xtravision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

mailrewop wrote: »
    xtravision are doing it for €40 with free delivery when you preorder online with a discount code. To get the code go to https://www.facebook.com/Xtravision?ref=stream and redeem the offer, you then get a code to use when you pre order online from xtravision.

Fair play, got this ordered. It says they're posting today. Think we'll get it Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

mailrewop wrote: »

Excellent, thanks. I had this pre-ordered with Amazon for about €48 so cancelled that and got this instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

L5 wrote: »
    Fair play, got this ordered. It says they're posting today. Think we'll get it Friday?

If your lucky you may even just get it tomorrow. If not you will get it friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone checking the status of their Xtravision order?

Mine is currently at pending.

Advertisement