Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Commodore 64 games from PC to C64

Options
  • 10-06-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone know a way to transfer Commodore 64 games from a PC back to a C64.

Is this even possible?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I Would assume that if the games are in the .d64 format then just copy them onto floppy disks and hey presto

Dont know how you would sort the .t64 format though:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Yes its possible,ive only done it with tape images,you need a program like final tap-

http://www.coder.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/finaltap.htm

Covert tap files into mp3/wav form *i found wav form worked better,then connect your comp or mp3 player to your hifi then record to tape.

Or easier way-

using the tap to wav converted file,transfer it over to your mp3 player,connect mp3 player to incar cd adaptor,put the adaptor into tape deck,then load from there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I've done it using a 1541 cable and 64hdd. bit of info here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055254727
    I've also converted t64s to wav and recorded them to tape . And even used a tape adaptor to play them straight to th c64 from the pc .. I'll see if. I can find a post about it. There's also a flashcart/sd card thing as well although I haven't tried that yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 15 8bit Diva

There in .d64 format so that's the disk format as far as I know.

I'll ask over on retrovia were I got them and see what they say.

There's a 1541xe cable up on adverts . I think that's it . I'm on the mobile at the mo so cant look it up sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 8bit Diva

Thanks guys. I got sorted with a cable and a how to guide.
    Seems easy enough.

Advertisement