Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what major well know shop/store/restaurant would you like to see open in the city?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭

im gonna add poll options of food/drink clothing/fashion hardware/software

entertainment/afterhours clubs

select where your choice fits in the poll, or select other if not coverd in the options.

also name your choice and why you would like it here.

im going to start it with a krispy kreme / dunkin donuts shop.

we are seriously missing out here.

which shop/store etc do you want to see in galway? 38 votes

food/drink
    0% 0 votes
    clothing/fashion
    28% 11 votes
    software/hardware
    36% 14 votes
    entertainment/afterhours clubs?
    7% 3 votes
    other..please state
    21% 8 votes
    go away ya gomy
    5% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Wagamama - good quality food notwithstanding that it's cheap and cheerful.

I can't agree on Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme. Those are just cheap sugar laden industrial muck. We've much better bakeries locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Lush

Lush

Is that a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galwayboss

would love to see dunkin donuts come to galway there coffee is class

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

churchview wrote: »
    Wagamama - good quality food notwithstanding that it's cheap and cheerful.

I can't agree on Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme. Those are just cheap sugar laden industrial muck. We've much better bakeries locally.
    Yeah id much rather eat from La Petit Delice or Gourmet Tart etc.
    For me it would be H&M or Zara. Shag all places to get decent mens stuff anywhere in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Hooters! Smack bang in the middle of Shop Street. That would really give them something to talk about. :D

Hooters! Smack bang in the middle of Shop Street. That would really give them something to talk about. :D

...but only if it was painted pink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i agree we have fine bakery's right here in the city, but feck all do a decent sugar laden cream and chocolate sauce goodness as well as any other combination you can imagine ..

Donuts.jpg

barone wrote: »
    i agree we have fine bakery's right here in the city, but feck all do a decent sugar laden cream and chocolate sauce goodness as well as any other combination you can imagine ..

Donuts.jpg

Horses for course I suppose. There used to be a doughnut shop on Quay Street, but that's about 20 years ago. They'd nothing that radioactive looking though :D

There was already a doughnut place on shop street in the 90s - not sure why it didn't survive.

I would like a Nando's chicken restaurant.

The city center could also do with place to pickup or drop off parcels for couriers.

• Advertisement

There was already a doughnut place on shop street in the 90s - not sure why it didn't survive.

I would like a Nando's chicken restaurant.

The city center could also do with place to pickup or drop off parcels for couriers.
    Cactus Jacks is better than any Nandos i ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Every time this is asked I say Maoz, so I'll say Maoz now too :D

biko wrote: »
    booo veggies :P

down with vegetarians :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yamamori is a chain in Dublin

I love sushi and of course there are other Jap cuisine options there too. And Saki!

If there is a sushi place in Galway I don't know of it. With the port and the fresh fish (as McDonagh's pride themselves on) you'd think there would be an opportunity.

mikemac wrote: »
    Yamamori is a chain in Dublin

I love sushi and of course there are other Jap cuisine options there too. And Saki!

If there is a sushi place in Galway I don't know of it. With the port and the fresh fish (as McDonagh's pride themselves on) you'd think there would be an opportunity.
    Kappa-Ya on Middle St do sushi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i know they do sushi down the market beside st pats school on a saturday if thats any good to you.

for other posters, could you state when you post what type of shop your referring to.. i.e starbucks.. coffeshop

dont know some of the names already posted,be nice to know what they serve and why you would like them in the city, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

churchview wrote: »
    Is that a pub?

No it's cosmetics.

http://www.lush.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Gourmet Burger, my god its amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

proper burrito place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Every time this is asked I say Maoz, so I'll say Maoz now too biggrin.gif
    down with vegetarians :P

/BANNED.

I think we need a Pink Feathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I wanted a Pizza Hut...it came and was very disappointing, nowhere near as good as when I go to America...same for KFC and Burger King. Burger King in town seems to be very very hit and miss, some days it is just terrible.

There was a Dunkin Doughnuts down in Limerick years ago and one in Dublin, both were nice but didn't have quite the range of the American stores.

I'd like to get a KFC that does more than an bad version of Original recipe...where the fudge is extra crispy?

A proper Pizza Hut that is easily better than any pizza in Galway if you get a good one, no matter what anyone says about ohhhh it's a multi-national so it's not as nice as our little Napoli bullcrap. Quaint and local doesn't make it better.

A good whopper would kick the crap out of Charcoal Grills bland burgers. I like Scottys but it hasn't seemed the same in the last 2 or 3 years.

A nice small Ice cream parlour would be nice, seems like there's loads of cafes but no real alternatives if you want somewhere nice to sit and talk with someone. I guess the likes of Supermacs would quash that as a possibility too.

I think what Galway could really do with it is more alternatives like Pure Skill, some sort of activity centers that offer an alternative to drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Lynches castle could be starbucks :pac:

I voted for the last option.

A good indoor market would rock. Where Mc Donaghs used to be would be Peeerrrrfect.

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Lynches castle could be starbucks :pac:

I voted for the last option.

A good indoor market would rock. Where Mc Donaghs used to be would be Peeerrrrfect.
    good shout, a market would be awesome, most towns and cities throughout Europe have them and they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Panda express would be awesome- Don't think my health would handle it though.

Would like to see a decent nightclub tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

H&M, Zara, Camaieu and some place like Yosushi

PomBear wrote: »
    Panda express would be awesome- Don't think my health would handle it though.

Would like to see a decent nightclub tbh

-agree with nightclub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

H&m please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

good shout, a market would be awesome, most towns and cities throughout Europe have them and they are great.

This town would be such a better place if I could designate which shops could go where :p

Seriously though I wish there was one.

• Advertisement

ArtyC wrote: »
    H&m please!!!

We should send this thread to some irish H&M management, there is one in Dublin right? ;)

Advertisement