Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what major well know shop/store/restaurant would you like to see open in the city?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

softmee wrote: »
    -agree with nightclub

Habbitat or seapoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

H&M??
    With its pictures of attractive scantily clad ladies, and mannequins with underthings in the window?

It's no wonder this city is going to the dogs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

We should be pushing for more indigenous/unique businesses rather than having a copycat street that could be Bradford or Plymouth.

Would'nt mind seeing Hairy Legs back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Ficheall wrote: »
    H&M??
    With its pictures of attractive scantily clad ladies, and mannequins with underthings in the window?

It's no wonder this city is going to the dogs.

Wow :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mrs.f

Oh Wagamamas please! Love love love it- Yakima soba, tori kara age, chicken Katsura curry!!! Oh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

snubbleste wrote: »
    We should be pushing for more indigenous/unique businesses rather than having a copycat street that could be Bradford or Plymouth.

or heaven forbid.....dublin (shivers)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 micksie

Lush and H&M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Zara, Forever 21 and a proper Starbucks...the NUIG one doesn't count!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Wagamamma and H&M would make me very happy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

A nice indoor food market like the English Market in Cork would be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Kappa-Ya on Middle St do sushi.

That barely qualifies as sushi.

Would love to see real sushi with fresh fish offering a variety of premium combo maki and tuna sashimi. A chain like YO!Sushi would do well. But I'd settle for a wagamama.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Wa cafe on new dock rd do sushi also. Keep meaning to give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Avoca Shop & Cafe - the old McDonagh's site would be great for that too.

Mao (Asian restaurant with a few branches in Dublin).

I agree that an indoor market along the lines of the English Market in Cork would be fantastic.

I also second the suggestions for Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Wagamama and a good Mexican.

On the entertainment front a jazz club would be very welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Tim Hortons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Avoca Shop & Cafe - the old McDonagh's site would be great for that too.

Mao (Asian restaurant with a few branches in Dublin).

I agree that an indoor market along the lines of the English Market in Cork would be fantastic.

I also second the suggestions for Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Wagamama and a good Mexican.

Mao would rock! Yes an indoor market would be cool...would love to see a co-op sort of place for local produce/design and less of the bought in tack stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

I would also love to see in Galway big proper swimming pool or rather some kind of "Aqua park" with many different pools and spa. You cant swim in ocean and local swimming pools are not amazing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Check out Muddy Maher's in Woodquay. It's moreso blues at the mo I think, but 'tis probably your best bet. There's also a Galway Jazz club, iirc, but it seems to have been drive underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lensbaby89

I've voted for fashion as Galway has most major brands and good size versions of these shops to offer but it really really REALLY needs a H&M and Zara, they're the only two major brands I really miss, Pull and Bear, Stradivarius and Bershka would also be more than welcome :D

Also since Bar 903 has closed I find another thing lacking is a good disco bar, the Róisin Dubh is really one of the only pubs I would frequent that has a good dance area (or two depending on the night) and yet still has room to sit and talk if that's what you want.

I'm too old for nightclubs and hate the sort of crowd they seem to attract but I adore going out dancing my socks off for the night. I love the Róisin but I would like some variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

A good atmospheric wine bar.
    I miss BK's, Le Graal in its hayday, and Nimmos years ago.

Decent wine, coffee, chats, books, and music sometime. Bit of grub like cheese plates, tapinade and bread or whatever. Oh, and a stove or fire if it's possible please, for winter, or days like today!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Waggamamas - food
    Somewhere that sells nespresso pods - food

Zara, H&M, Forever21 - clothes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

more burger kings and kfcs please, at least one of each at every set of lights

Advertisement