Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about xbox live membership

Options
  • 10-06-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I'm currently paying my live membership monthly from my credit card , I was given a years free membership , if i want to use the membership do i first have to delete my monthly subscription and then use the years membership code? and can i do all this without calling xbox support?

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

If you put the code in, it'll add the year's membership to the end of your current period (e.g. 31st July), pushing your "auto-renew" date til the end of the new period (i.e. 31st July 2012). No need to delete your current subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

This doesent always work though.

Your much better off calling up XBL Support asking to turn of Auto renewal and then enter the code.

Besides, your mad being on the monthly sub. Its a rip off compared to the year sub

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

AndywK wrote: »
    Besides, your mad being on the monthly sub. Its a rip off compared to the year sub

Laziness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

If you have a running subscription you can add the prepaid code, this will then take priority and, to put it simply, pause your subscription which goes off your credit card.

So let's say you have a 12 month subscription on your credit card, you have used 6 months of it and enter the prepaid code.
    That prepaid code starts running right away for a year (in your case), when that ends the remaining 6 months of your credit card subscription continues (Which caused the renewal date to move as well, obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Cheers , so basically i leave the credit cards details as they are but it just stops taking cash for the card?
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    If you have a running subscription you can add the prepaid code, this will then take priority and, to put it simply, pause your subscription which goes off your credit card.

So let's say you have a 12 month subscription on your credit card, you have used 6 months of it and enter the prepaid code.
    That prepaid code starts running right away for a year (in your case), when that ends the remaining 6 months of your credit card subscription continues (Which caused the renewal date to move as well, obviously).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Andy is right, sometimes it wont let you add a PPC until you cancel the auto renew through xbox support.

Advertisement