Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer in Limerick

• 15-12-2008 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey Limerickonians...

Anyone know of a indoor soccer league in the city and have contact details!?

if not, does anyone know of any regular football teams around Limerick city... preferrably Castletroy area?

I'm looking to train with a soccer team regularily, and you never know... I might be good enough to get onto a team sometime! :D

--thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved from Sports.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

if not, does anyone know of any regular football teams around Limerick city... preferrably Castletroy area?

There was a group of Boardsies running weekly indoor games last year/early this year. That'll probably be running again after September.

Aisling Annacotty would be your best bet for a club near Castletroy. They had Junior A, B and C teams last season. Pre-season games/training should be starting up in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

star rovers there in a bit from castletroy near st.marys church at the back of lee estate there always looking for bodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Aisling Annacotty would probably be your best bet alright.

There is a tournament starting up in the Delta Soccer Dome too which isn't far from Castletroy. Info on this in one of the threads further down.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

There's also a 6 a side League which runs in Castletroy Secondary School most of the year round. astro.ie run it. We've been doing it for the last 18 months and its an excellent set up. We almost have too many in our squad, but I'm sure if you check out the website there's probably a section for free agents.

I know the odd time we'd play teams who are short a body or 2 so it might be worth firing off an email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ElectricDamo

Hi,

Theres another league starting up at the end of July, its at www.limerickastro.com, its possible to register as a team or as a player if you dont have a team.

It doesnt cost anything to register and teams can contact you if they are short players!

The matches take place at the Moylish Astro Pitch near LIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

Not sure if the guy is still interested... the original post was in 2008!!.. but was just moved here this month :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

damoth wrote: »
    Not sure if the guy is still interested... the original post was in 2008!!.. but was just moved here this month :rolleyes:

Pesky Cat-Mods! They cause nothing but trouble! :p

I'll leave it open anyway. Might get a few people chatting.

Advertisement