Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you think about this for customer service?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

went into a up and coming pizza place the other night in wexford near the main street... (i will not divulge the name just in case its prohibited by boards) and they told me it was buy one get one free.... i said ok... wasn't really bothered getting two and just wanted to originally get a beat the clock offer....

anyway i think its the owner, russian guy wearing a camouflage hat, sold me the whole package of the buy one get one free for 20 euros... he said if i didn't want the pizza now i could collect it tomorrow (wednesday) or the day after (thursday)... seemed like a good plan to me so i accepted his offer...

he got me to write my name and phone number into his book as further proof.

he gave me a ticket. i subsequently lost the ticket.

when i went back thursday in a great mood i told the story to the girl behind the desk who was lovely and in the middle of telling her the story the boss (russian guy who had served me on tuesday) came storming out...he had heard what we were talking about and he started acting aggressively saying no you cant have it...you dont have a ticket... i told you tuesday if you dont have a ticket you dont get it(which he had never said on tuesday by the way).... i was taken aback as he was acting aggressive about a pizza ??

so i said ok no problem thats fine... the nice girl working there said but his name is in the book... russian guy cuts in really aggressive again saying "it doesnt matter" i remember you , i served you on tuesday and told you about the deal.... but you have no ticket so you dont get it... the nice girl tried to intervene and say but his name is in the book but the russian guy just cut her off... no no no!

i was a bit stunned to be honest and said no problem thats ok...and walked out baffled and a bit humiliated with my girlfriend ...over a silly pizza???

ok fair enough..i lost the ticket but did it warrent such aggressive behaviour,humiliation and complete lack of customer service???

the old saying "make a customer happy he'll tell 5 people, make a customer unhappy and they will tell 20" springs to mind!!!!!!

doesn't seem like good business sense to me to a place which hasnt been opened long.... and seems like this deal gives the pizza place a chance of dishing out less pizza's for more money, if people lose their tickets(even though they sign for it), forget or just simply arent bothered collecting after a day or two...

i dont really mind about the pizza to be honest...if he had of told me in a reasonable manner it would of been no problem...it was the fact of THE WAY in which he told me was so aggressive it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

what you all think of that ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

It's his loss not yours. I would never darken his doorstep again. Been there done that and have the video and the t-shirt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

thanks judgement day... i feel the same... but it was completely unbelievable the way he acted... my girlfriend was in shock and the nice girl behind the counter looked embarrassed....

i felt more embarrasment for him rather than humiliation on my part...was one of those wierd strange feelings.... sort of cringe cringe... i feel sorry for you david brent moments.

the thing is its a fairly new business so why would anyone want to act like that?

by the way by your statement have you had issues in the same place if you have copped on to where im talking about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I wonder what made the owner see RED. It sounded like a SQUARE deal to me.

i think your dam right there Chevron... nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

In Communist Russia, pizza chooses you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

got a flyer from them through the door last week. was going to try them tomorrow after the game but will try tony and tina instead (and they deliver).

some of the service in wexford is shocking. it feels like they are doing you a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Don't ever believe that when you ' buy one - get one free '

Its not free , - you paid for it .

It just means that every time you actually buy only one item , you are paying double its worth .

The fact that this guy actually served you himself the first day , means that he should have had the cop-on to look after you .

yeah true...i think one of the pizza's on the menu is called "communist pig".... some say you are what you eat or in this case what you serve !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

It just means that every time you actually buy only one item , you are paying double its worth .

Ain't that the truth!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

yeah true...i think one of the pizza's on the menu is called "communist pig".... some say you are what you eat or in this case what you serve !!!

Communist pig??

hahaha wouldn't that be slandering communists? Or is it meant to be sarcasm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Don't ever believe that when you ' buy one - get one free '

Its not free , - you paid for it .

The fact that this guy actually served you himself the first day , means that he should have had the cop-on to look after you .
    did you say you paid 20 euro for a pizza, and was offered one free, if so you were way overcharged, double charged i say,

Just seen their menu on the net, and it's capitalist pig not communist pig...

If they are a communist pizza shop, by logic, their pizzas should be free..

Ironic since they wouldn't even be allowed have a shop like that in the USSR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Just seen their menu on the net, and it's capitalist pig not communist pig...

If they are a communist pizza shop, by logic, their pizzas should be free..

Ironic since they wouldn't even be allowed have a shop like that in the USSR.

Did you miss the break-up of the Soviet Union? The USSR hasn't existed since 1991 and you could, I'm sure, open any damn shop you like in any of the new States that have emerged since the break-up. :D

at the end of the day it was shabby customer service and he basically was afraid in case i actually got what i paid for... he looked terrified when i asked about the pizza in case the advantage weighed with the customer ... imagine!

anyway its only a reflection on his own mindset really isnt it.... he's probably so tight when he walks he squeeks and at the end of the day the only person he is damaging is himself and his business.

pretty low class stuff from him. oh well.... his loss....

Did you miss the break-up of the Soviet Union? The USSR hasn't existed since 1991 and you could, I'm sure, open any damn shop you like in any of the new States that have emerged since the break-up. :D

Yeah, obviously you can, but if he loves communism that much to open a shop in theme with it, then it is hypocritical, and I don't see why anyone would support a business that supports regime that killed millions. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

on a completely unrelated note... is Red Square owned by the same people as Cappucinos?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

Just spoke to someone that is familiar with the business...
    I found out that the guy you were dealing with is Romanian and is not the owner... Is also a bit of a bully!

Just FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

00011000 wrote: »
    on a completely unrelated note... is Red Square owned by the same people as Cappucinos?

I always thought so previously. I was in Cappucinos before it opened and they were handing out pizza slices and menus for the other place, with all coffee orders.

I wouldn't have thought that they would support it if they weren't involved, especially as they have Robertinos also in the pizza trade.

ok my apologies... thought it was actually his business since he was so aggressive....

well it doesnt really matter what nationality he is..... his boss should know bullying the customers isnt a way to do good business....

thanks anyway lads but at thsi stage about 1000 people have read this topic....
    i quoted a while back " make a customer happy they'll tell 5 people, make a customer unhappy they'll tell 20"...in this case looks like its around 1000 for the knock on effect!!!

Advertisement