Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

Their webserver looks to be getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yeah i cant purchase anything atm, keep getting errors when adding to cart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Maybe they're out of stock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Already have recettear so it just bit trip runner today. Borderlands is tempting but I know I'm never bothered to play online games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

megaten wrote: »
    Already have recettear so it just bit trip runner today. Borderlands is tempting but I know I'm never bothered to play online games.
    Borderlands is a brillant SP game too so don't let that put you off it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Borderlands is single player too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Spunge wrote: »
    Maybe they're out of stock ?

Wouldn't have thought of that, but luckily it just went through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just bought Borderlands GOTY for myself and my brother, sadly I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play it (12GB download).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Gonna buy Borderlands again for all the dlc, it's a really fun game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

ShaneU wrote: »
    Borderlands is single player too?

Is it any good playing single player though? I assumed it was one of those games that's only fun in multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Is it any good playing single player though? I assumed it was one of those games that's only fun in multiplayer.

Its ok, still better than a lot of other FPS games out there. But does become heavenly in MP.

Gotta Recettear in the last sale, highly reccomend it, great top down hack & slash mixed with a trading game.

Tempted by DoW2: Retribution but didnt really like DoW2, would only get it for The Last Stand (and then thats available seperately).

Damn you Steam and your siren-song-sales.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Can be repetitive but fun playing through on your own all the same. I believe it gets to be lot of fun once you jump in with a few friends. It's $7.50 in the US while it's €12.50 here :eek::confused::mad:
    That's the kind of pricing that really turns me off buying these Steam games, even at that price. so frustrating that they can't implement a proper exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Is Portal 2 on sale?

Has been about €15 for some time now: [Link]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Can be repetitive but fun playing through on your own all the same. I believe it gets to be lot of fun once you jump in with a few friends. It's $7.50 in the US while it's €12.50 here :eek::confused::mad:
    That's the kind of pricing that really turns me off buying these Steam games, even at that price. so frustrating that they can't implement a proper exchange rate that.
    IS it just me or is Borderlands + DLC cheaper than Borderlands GOTY? Or am I missing something here, has the GOTY anything on top? Ok, it's only 1.50, but that's another game during the sale :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

THQ pack is seriously awesome.

have most of the games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Everyone should join this group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/1e1us

This group will make an announcement on every deal. They will let you know if you are getting ripped off, and by how much. And when I say getting ripped off, I mean compared to those paying in USD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

One thing I really don't get about this Prize Booth they have. Is the stuff there all DLC and gear that won't be otherwise available if you don't claim it? If so, that would be pretty unfair...

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

i just bought the valve value pack and oblivion for €53 and i'd say this is only the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I only have one of the games in the Valve pack. And thats portal 2 on the PS3.

I know. Im a bad computer gamer...

I take it as a sign that this goes on sale the same day as my results come out.
    The other part is i have less than 36 hours before i loose my UPC connection.....

*gets credit card* *clears space on computer*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Oh dear Jebus not again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Test Drive Unlimited 2 for a fiver!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9930

Sale front page says 4.99 shopping cart says 14.99 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

TDU2 is gone up to a tenner! bull****! I would have bought it earlier if the damn store would work properly.

Bambi wrote: »
    Sale front page says 4.99 shopping cart says 14.99 :mad:
    TDU2 is gone up to a tenner! bull****! I would have bought it earlier if the damn store would work properly.

Seeing the same for me too. Not looking to buy it, but it's showing up as €4.99 on the front page and when I click into it, it's showing as €9.99. Haven't gone as far as to the checkout but the % changes from the main page to the product page too (75% to 50%)
    Edit: seems to be a permanent thing on the website but it's still showing up as €4.99 on the Steam client main page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

9.99 on my steam client page

didnt think today was particularly great, despite the fact that i bought 4 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

9.99 on my steam client page

didnt think today was particularly great, despite the fact that i bought 4 games

Showing up as €9.99 now on both the website and the Steam client page too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Balls, I definitely should've picked it up when it was just a fiver. I was waiting until near the end of the 24-hour period in case I wanted to buy something else as well and only have to make one transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

TheChrisD wrote: »
    One thing I really don't get about this Prize Booth they have. Is the stuff there all DLC and gear that won't be otherwise available if you don't claim it? If so, that would be pretty unfair...

The FAQ should answer your question.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4577-WUSK-4280

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

FFS - You mean to say they actually rose the price of TDU2? They have a 24 hour sale and when the game starts selling well, they actually double the price for the second half of the day :mad:

They can keep it so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What time of the day do the new deals appear?

Edit: ah, looks like 6pm.

Advertisement