Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would it help to know that it's really bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Puzzle Agent is €3. EVERYONE BUY IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Is the battlefield BC 2 single player any good? (Don't worry I'd play multi too)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Is the battlefield BC 2 single player any good? (Don't worry I'd play multi too)
    Its ok , i finished it , its just the multiplayer outshines it completely.
    Tbh i thought it was better than the last COD singleplayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Battlefield Franchise yesterday, might we see the Call of Duty Franchise on sale today? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Bracing for disappointment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If, for some reason, you have yet to experience the joys of Torchlight, you need to rectify that at 2.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

This sale seems bad to me.
    At least I got some goggles for portal2 and tf2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

awful day today apart from the superb torchlight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I anin't got 2.99 for torchlight. Still holding out for cheap X-com or Deus ex.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Are a lot of these repeats of their last christmas sale ?
    Picked up oblivion , still holding out for civ 5 and bioshock to come down in price a bit.And I wouldnt complain if the splinter cell collection dropped from its current 45 euro.
    I was disappointed with jedi knight running in a dos box emulator , I had the game from when it originally came out and I was hoping for a re release.

/steam sale rambling over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

With regard to X-com...

And Civ 5 was a tenner on the same site a day or two ago, Steam compatible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you don't already own tropico 3, at 3.74E you owe it to yourself to pick it up

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

With regard to X-com...

And Civ 5 was a tenner on the same site a day or two ago, Steam compatible.

Steam version lets me play on both mac and pc though.
    Does that site rotate offers on a regular basis ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Liber8or wrote: »
    Battlefield Franchise yesterday, might we see the Call of Duty Franchise on sale today? :D

Cod is crap on PC. I would not even buy black ops if it was on sale for 99c.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah Civ 5 is my great hope too, and completely forgot about the sale on that other site (it was PC / Mac compatible too) :(

horgan_p wrote: »
    I was disappointed with jedi knight running in a dos box emulator , I had the game from when it originally came out and I was hoping for a re release.

It's really bad. None of the music is in the game either. The game hasn't well at all either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

5uspect wrote: »
    Or just create a new account for your son and transfer it to the other PC when you have it.

Yeah ive done that but everytime i log in from another pc i have to retrieve a code to allow access on new pc, then when i relog back into my own pc i have to again and so on, pretty annoying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah ive done that but everytime i log in from another pc i have to retrieve a code to allow access on new pc, then when i relog back into my own pc i have to again and so on, pretty annoying.

That's their new steam guard security measure, you can configure it under Steam settings.

ended up buying tropico 3 today

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Helix wrote: »
    ended up buying tropico 3 today

say goodbye to your friends, family and sanity

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

That's their new steam guard security measure, you can configure it under Steam settings.

Nice one cheers, i assume i can disable it for a few mins just before i log on with another computer if i prefer not to disable alltogether?

I'm not sure, but you shouldn't need to authorise your machine more than once anyway.

I'm not sure, but you shouldn't need to authorise your machine more than once anyway.

its a bit buggy, i had to authorise my laptop the the first 3 times i used it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Trevor451 wrote: »

How is COD crap on PC? Superior graphics, superior controls, and none of the notorious problems faced by PS3 owners.

Do you even own a PC?

How is COD crap on PC? Superior graphics, superior controls, and none of the notorious problems faced by PS3 owners.

Do you even own a PC?

Yeah, he's wrong. COD is just crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Ah now, it's not that bad. What I played of it when it was free for the weekend a while back makes it worth at least €8...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Doesn't CoD originate on the PC?

I played CoD4 a lot, thought it was a great game. I thought consoles must be pretty cool coz they have the same games. I played it on the xbox 360 online and noticed my cursor slightly moved without my pressing it towards another player. I thought hmm, that was weird. Then i realized the game has built-in auto-aim. I was shocked, i mean wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,326 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Because it doesn't aim for you and your enemies don't look pixelated?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Do you even own a PC?

Yes, I am a proud PC gamer and I even played black ops when it was free to play on steam. Its a rubbish game on all platforms.

Advertisement