Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Got the Heroes of Might and Magic Pack (Mainly because of the expansion packs for HoMM5 and Dark Messiah).

The latter, how I never played this, unbelievable.
    It's brilliant so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Bought Tropico 3 gold edition. Didn't really want it but for €6 why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Didn't really want it but for €6 why not?

Because you didn't really want to buy it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just tried to buy "Tropico 3" ....got "Sorry, we couldn't add your item". Is this normal ?.
    Same happens when I try for "Tropico Gold Edition"

..scratch that. Must have been a server glitch. Everythings OK now.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

LOL at Arma2 for €14.99, thats the fcukin normal price
    http://bit.ly/mKeE5b

a lower detail version is completely free
    http://www.arma2.com/free

Combined ops for €19.99 is a great deal though, the one to go for
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

is Men of War any good? The collection pack is only 26 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Oh dear god, I had to delete my credit card and hide it :eek:. I went trigger happy with the "add to cart" this weekend.

I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Steam sale. Bought way too many games that in my heart of hearts, I'll never get around to playing. I think I have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Doing well so far, only bought Two Worlds 2 for €13 and Still life 2 for a fiver. Mind you that's because I already own so many other games on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I've yet to buy anything from this sale yet. Think it might be because I have most of the games that interest me but there still is quite a few out there that I want.

I'm constantly turned off when I click into a game and see it's $5 for the US and €7.50 for Ireland/EU. I would have bought a lot more of the games that have been on sale otherwise.

Does anyone know if they will be changing the ticket prizes or adding to them. I had three tickets, which I claimed for Alien Swarm 2, only because there was absolutely nothing there for any of my other games that I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Valve pack for me and Broken Sword which is completed already over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Doing well so far, only bought Two Worlds 2 for €13 and Still life 2 for a fiver. Mind you that's because I already own so many other games on sale.
    Two worlds 2 worth it!? I'm on the fence...

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I must say, I breath a sigh of relief when the titles on offer are too expensive or I'm just not interested in them. The last year or so of sales I've escaped very lightly picking up very few titles, usually cheaply. I'm €30 in already this time though, and I'll be happy if there are no more killer deals to be honest :rolleyes: Almost sale update time, credit card getting nervous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

singularity 7.49 :O

I already own it on D2D and I'm fairly sure I'm gonna buy it again at that price. Thinking about Bully too as well as Serious Sam. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I already own it on D2D and I'm fairly sure I'm gonna buy it again at that price. Thinking about Bully too as well as Serious Sam. Not sure though.

Wasn't too impressed with Serious Sam. Only Played the 1st one though.

€2 for Trine is pretty good. Looks like it's worth a go.

Are Alpha Protocol or Bionic Commando worth it at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

As someone who enjoyed Wolfenstein (which I picked up for a tenner in game) and thought it was underrated, would this be worth getting?

EDIT: I was all on for Fallout: New Vegas, but even with a 70% drop it's still over the store price!

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

A very poor offering on individual titles so far in this sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Fallout New Vegas for 15 isn't half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Just in case someone is thinking about getting Homefront, The THQ pack is €50 and has a savage collection.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8668/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

A very poor offering on individual titles so far in this sale.

Yeah, so far it hasn't had the "wow" factor of previous sales. There's very cheap stuff, but it's mainly games that have previous been on sale multiple times. I got Torchlight _again_ but for a nephew this time, and so far I've only bought BFBC2 for myself.

P.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1.99 worth it for Trine? I'm still holding out for Xcom and Deus Ex so if I get trine I won't be able to get them.

Also 2.49 is a bargaine for Bully. I still think that it's far and away the best thing Rockstar has ever made.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Trine is a little gem of a game. I got it cheap before and was delighted with it. It'll keep you busy for a decent while. €1.99 is well worth it IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ruse @ €10.19

Is it any good at all? I have heard mixed reviews about it. I did like playing the C&C franchise games so would this be worth a punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

70% off of everything Fallout: New Vegas...

*has already bought it before he's even finished typing this post*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Yawns wrote: »
    Ruse @ €10.19

Is it any good at all? I have heard mixed reviews about it. I did like playing the C&C franchise games so would this be worth a punt?

Got it recently. SOme nice ideas but single player campaign is ruined by cut scenes (badly done) and that was enough to put me off multiplayer. Have heard reports that setting up a multiplayer game can be tricky too. Just not a patch on Company of Heroes or Total War

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Really poor so far from Steam. Hope it improves, only thing i got was PvZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

thats the cheapest for Fallout New Vegas at the moment, but amazingly i can buy it cheaper for the PS3 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I got a friend in the states to gift me vegas and the 2 DLC.

Worked out at around €15.60. I saved around €5.

• Advertisement

I bought singularity there, for the second time! Still haven't gotten my confirmation email but it was added to my account. Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement