Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Trine's good, although it's a one three trick pony of sorts - didn't feel the level design really advanced from stage to stage, and it played its best tricks early. But it's a fun physics engine, and one well worth playing around in. Again, the price is most certainly right.

Still at a zero count for this sale. I'm sort of proud of myself :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I've a stag weekend this month and that is the only reason I've not bought the Valve Pack, the THQ Pack and countless other small games. None of which I'd probably ever play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Getting "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." when trying to purchase Bully and the 2 NV DLC's. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Bought tropico 3 there, the download's acting odd, downloads fine but then randomly stops, yet it's not paused. The weird thing was I was able to load the game yet it was only 60% downloaded and not installed.

Anyone else having trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    is Men of War any good? The collection pack is only 26 euro...

After having enjoyed Company of Heros and World in Conflict I bought the pack thinking it'd be something similar. I was quite disapppointed. It gets decent enough reviews but I found it quite clunky, it didn't play as easily as the other two games I mentioned. Also the voice acting is by far and away the worst I've ever come across in a game.

Also when I bought them the game and the first add-on came to about €6 so the current pricing seems somewhat expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bought tropico 3 there, the download's acting odd, downloads fine but then randomly stops, yet it's not paused. The weird thing was I was able to load the game yet it was only 60% downloaded and not installed.

Anyone else having trouble?
    You could always try this?
    G9Aph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Decent fallout price. I got the game +2 dlc for 21 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Trine is really good, bought it a little while ago in one of Steam's daily specials (obv twice as expensive as now!), really enjoying it.

Any thoughts on Singularity so? What other games is it like? How about Alpha Protocol?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Feckin euro rates make most of these deals crap. e.g Homefront for €25 while it's only £15 (€16) for the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

B0X wrote: »
    Feckin euro rates make most of these deals crap. e.g Homefront for €25 while it's only £15 (€16) for the UK.

Even at £15 that game is overpriced from all I've heard about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only bought plants V zombies and Defence Grid the awakening, both rather excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I got Singularity on the 360 when it came out and really enjoyed it, if that's any help.

Sorta half tempted to pick it up again for the PC actually..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    1.99 worth it for Trine? I'm still holding out for Xcom and Deus Ex so if I get trine I won't be able to get them.

Also 2.49 is a bargaine for Bully. I still think that it's far and away the best thing Rockstar has ever made.

gg had all the old xcoms for a river yesterday. bought it despite never playing them

gonna get bully. that's another. one i missed first time

I'm constantly turned off when I click into a game and see it's $5 for the US and €7.50 for Ireland/EU. I would have bought a lot more of the games that have been on sale otherwise

im loving the fact that coz im in canadaland im getting them at dollar rate. why not set up a proxied account and buy cheap from there?

Helix wrote: »
    im loving the fact that coz im in canadaland im getting them at dollar rate. why not set up a proxied account and buy cheap from there?
    I have been tempted to do that, but isn't there the danger that it could be taken away from me down the line if they find out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Typical. Spent 40 euro on Fallout New Vegas when it came out. Still not played it and could have gotten it and 2 DLC packs for half price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

ionapaul wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Singularity so? What other games is it like? How about Alpha Protocol?

Some really like it, others think it average. I'd like to see it get a sales boost as it had little in the way of marketing when released and performed poorly as a result.

Fnz wrote: »
    Some really like it, others think it average. I'd like to see it get a sales boost as it had little in the way of marketing when released and performed poorly as a result.
    I'm in the camp of really liking despite it feeling like it's some of the best bits of other games, hashed together. A solid, fun game. Worth the money they're asking imo.

I have been tempted to do that, but isn't there the danger that it could be taken away from me down the line if they find out?
    just day you moved to ireland afterwards. wouldn't see it being a problem tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Helix wrote: »
    gonna get bully. that's another. one i missed first time

Bully's damn good. It's funny that the best two Rockstar games (Bully and RDR) are the two that robbed pretty much everything from the GTA design and placed it in much more interesting and fun settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Skerries wrote: »
    thats the cheapest for Fallout New Vegas at the moment, but amazingly i can buy it cheaper for the PS3 :eek:

Meh, I got it on the PC for £13 back in January off amazon. It's often to be had for 15 or less.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I picked up AvP not expecting anything great but it's decent fun.
    Reminds me a lot of Republic Commando for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Only picked up Just Cause 2 as its not been the best steam sale so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Venom wrote: »
    Only picked up Just Cause 2 as its not been the best steam sale so far.

I think the problem for a lot of people is that the really good value stuff has all been on Steam Sale before now so we already have them.

For those who have only just gotten into gaming, or Steam, there's some seriously good value **** there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

After having enjoyed Company of Heros and World in Conflict I bought the pack thinking it'd be something similar. I was quite disapppointed. It gets decent enough reviews but I found it quite clunky, it didn't play as easily as the other two games I mentioned. Also the voice acting is by far and away the worst I've ever come across in a game.

Also when I bought them the game and the first add-on came to about €6 so the current pricing seems somewhat expensive.
    ah sh.ite i bought it anyway :(

thanks for the heads up, was hoping it would be like company of heroes as thats a class game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I can really recommend Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i bought the Mount and Blade pack to see what all the fuss was about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive pick up quite a bit so far. I know ill probally not install have them but at least I can tell my self I got them cheap and have not played any previously but had them on my wishlist.

Bully,
    Trine
    Singularity
    Kane & Lynch 2(Could not help myself)
    Braid
    Just Cause 2
    Lead & Gold
    Medal of Honour
    Battlefield 2 Pack

Cost about €40. Even though each item has been prity cheap you dont feel the cost mounting up and its only Tuesday.

• Advertisement

anyone who bought KOTOR actually get it up and running? it minimises once it hits the title screen for me and you cant maximise it

Advertisement