Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

head shop

Options
  • 10-06-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

is head shop in galway still open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

I think MellowDaze is still open, although you won't find much in there cept pipes

not aware of any others still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

lookinbusy wrote: »
    I think MellowDaze is still open, although you won't find much in there cept pipes

not aware of any others still open.

no more smoke xxx? lol

no more smoke xxx? lol

Have you been hiding under a rock?

Clickity Click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

no more smoke xxx? lol

You should start a thread about it in the "All Things Retro" forum for the laugh.

Smoke_XXX.jpg

thats bull****. alcohol is 10x more dangerous in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's not get into that discussion.

yes master

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks, it'll drag thread into a 6 pages long pro and against headshops with a bit of alcohol vs ganja related violence and hospital statistics thrown in.
    5 infractions and two bans later thread will be locked.

Since you have your answer I'll prevent a general discussion here but feel free to join the thread on headshops in general in After Hours.

Wiki on the topic if anyone wonders what we're talking about.
    Head shops existed and were legal in Ireland, and were reported by authorities to be opening at a rate of one per week in January 2010. The legality of the shops was discussed in the Irish Senate and a motion was passed requesting the Government to regulate the sale of products. Some politicians were in favour of outlawing the shops while others argued this would be a "huge mistake" which would allow illegal street dealers to thrive.

During early 2010, many incidents of firebombing and arson against head shops took place around the country. Some attacks were traced to disgruntled drug dealers. One petrol bomb attack occurred in the home county of the then Minister for Justice, Dermot Ahern, and hours later, plans for legislation for regulation of head shops got underway.

Many head shop products became illegal in Ireland on 23 August 2010 when the new Criminal Justice (Psychoactive Substances) Act 2010 became law. The Act empowered Gardaí (Irish police) to seek court orders to close head shops suspected of selling drug-like products, with the onus on the owners to prove they are not doing so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement