Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish (Higher)- how many texts and how much to write?!!

• 10-06-2011 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm repeating my Honours Irish after years away. I've been plodding along ok with the texts and have loads of material but, doing it alone, I amn't entirely sure how much I need to have covered! The course has changed since I did it!

For paper 1, how much do I need to write for the 'Aiste'?

In Paper 2, what is the minimum number I need to cover for each of the 'filiocht anm' 'danta dualgais' and 'pros' questions? For the filiocht anmnithe, for example, am I taking a risk by not studying ' Faoiseamh..'?

I know these are really dim questions but, not being in class and, stupidly, not getting grinds, I'm kinda all over the shop! Would appreciate any help! Thanks!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BallerinaBabe

It's a little objective for the Aiste! I try for about 3-4 pages and i have pretty tiny writing! I have friends who do just three though! if you want the A1 I reckon don't leave anything out, but if not ya I'd say you could give Faoiseamh a miss! It's an easy poem though, maybe don't take the chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Went on a couple of grinds courses. All of which said 500-600 words for the essay. Thats about 2 pages depending on the size of your writing.

For the Pros and Ordinary Level poems you have to know all of them really. The B part in those sections, there is no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Anything above two pages is perfectly fine. Even for an A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

I'd be aiming to write 3-4 pages for the aiste to be honest, especially since the pages in exam booklets are smaller. try to get 5 good paragraphs, don't worry to much if you can't though and maybe if you struggle with grammar write less though so they can't dock as much marks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 lmwell

Everyone has different size writing so its hard to say how many pages it should be - but at the top of the page, it gives you a guideline of 500-600 words.

I've been practicing my essay, and I'm writing about 450 words if its an Aiste. If I do the debate, I have my open and close learnt off and that adds about an extra 160 words onto it, meaning I'll have written over 600.

I think though, no matter what size your handwriting is, it should be probably no less than 2 pages and any more than 4 , I'd say youre probably starting to waffle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 murf66

Cheers guys!!:)

Advertisement