Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths O Paper 1 Aftermath

• 10-06-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Just out of the exam there about 20 mins ago. Very nice paper overall I thought!

Struggled a bit with the differentiation but thats my weakest topic so I'm not fussed :P

I did Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q7

How did you find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Out after an hour :p I do foundation so it is to be expected I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Aaron547

Just out of the exam there about 20 mins ago. Very nice paper overall I thought!

Struggled a bit with the differentiation but thats my weakest topic so I'm not fussed :P

I did Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q7

How did you find it?

I done ****. I done all questions i really did not have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MegaSuperDood

I'll just be happy if I pasted (not counting points just entry requirement)

I did Q: 1,3,5,6,7,8

This is Past lol.

Aaron547 wrote: »
    I done ****. I done all questions i really did not have a clue

There's always paper 2! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Aaron547

There's always paper 2! :)

paper 2 seems a lot harder!!1

• Advertisement

Aaron547 wrote: »
    paper 2 seems a lot harder!!1

BTW I just looked at the foundation paper and it was LOL.
    Just study your brains out from here to monday - THIS WORKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeydublin

Dont try and let it put you down! Maths paper 2 is still there,onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

A little weird overall.
    Q1 was grand. Aoife and Brian. I almost laughed out loud as those are mine and my brother's names. Very nice overall.

Q2 was boring, did fine.

Q3 was fantastic. I loved part c. It was tricky but in the good way. I really enjoyed working it out :D

Q4 was mixed. I've never spent more than 12 minutes on a complex numbers question before but c (ii) was hard.

Q6 WTF?? I've never not been able to do a part b before! I feel so thick for not getting it. And I just couldn't remember how to do c.

Q7 was perfect! I was a but disappointed that differentiation from first principles that didn't come up. That's always a nice 20 marks in the bag.

Q8 was the nicest I've ever done. I've struggled with Q8s in the past but this one was a piece of cake!

I walked out after an hour an a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Am I really the only one who found the ordinary maths paper incredibly difficult?
    I dropped down from higher maths about 2 weeks ago and have been getting 85% average easily! But this paper was unlike any others I've seen! (Everyone who has dropped down in my school found it unfair too btw) I was looking for a high B or an A. I'll be lucky to get a B2 i reckon :mad:

Does anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I done all eight questions.

I need a C3 for Uni but not too sure if I got it. I attempted every part of every question even when I didn't have a clue.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

i did all 8 questions to, think i'll get full marks :) thank god i do pass feel so sorry for the honours people!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

to be honest it did appear harder than most of the previous papers, i thought it was fine but i heard some people say it was impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Thought it was ok tbh some of it was hard but i just want to pass it anyway. Part c.s were tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

That was...weird. I just thought it was really tricky. It wasn't awful hard but I just found it confusing. Was annoyed at the first question. Spent way too much time trying to figure it out. Got there in the end but had less time for the questions I find more difficult. Overall, I'm fairly sure I managed a C which is much better than in the mocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pre Judas

What a boring paper! 1st Princepals was dearly missed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Pre Judas wrote: »
    What a boring paper! 1st Princepals was dearly missed...

I agree.

I really wanted some first principals to come up.

The stuff that I was sure would come up, didn't. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 _red_6_

Yeah I thought it was really hard, I got a B in honours JC and have been getting high B's and A's all year, but I reckon I only got about a C1, maybe a B3 today :/ And I need a B3 for college :/ May study hard for paper 2 over the weekend and hope I can bring the grade up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

Aoifums wrote: »
    A little weird overall.
    Q1 was grand. Aoife and Brian. I almost laughed out loud as those are mine and my brother's names. Very nice overall.

Q2 was boring, did fine.

Q3 was fantastic. I loved part c. It was tricky but in the good way. I really enjoyed working it out :D

Q4 was mixed. I've never spent more than 12 minutes on a complex numbers question before but c (ii) was hard.

Q6 WTF?? I've never not been able to do a part b before! I feel so thick for not getting it. And I just couldn't remember how to do c.

Q7 was perfect! I was a but disappointed that differentiation from first principles that didn't come up. That's always a nice 20 marks in the bag.

Q8 was the nicest I've ever done. I've struggled with Q8s in the past but this one was a piece of cake!

I walked out after an hour an a half.

that was the only place I sorta seized up at too!
    gave me a headache :/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vDarr

Feel the same way, got 96% in the mocks, and I usually get near full marks in tests.

But that was different :/

Be lucky if I got a high B in that paper :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bradleyboy

was harder than previous papers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

vDarr wrote: »
    Feel the same way, got 96% in the mocks, and I usually get near full marks in tests.

But that was different :/

Be lucky if I got a high B in that paper :/

Just feel glad I didnt chose to do Honours, I hear it was a disaster also! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

I am so angry. Nearly was crying in there and I never cry. It was an extremely hard paper. I found the a parts harder and longer than usual. I was going for an a as maths is one of my favourite subjects .... I will be lucky now to get a c I would say.

Some of the sequences and series stuff I have never seen before. The part c in differentiation was so weird and what was it with q1 part b ii ???

I will be extremely annoyed if the project Maths paper was easier. Because that is not fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pre Judas

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I agree.

I really wanted some first principals to come up.

The stuff that I was sure would come up, didn't. :(

It's hard having to start a 2.5 hr exam when your fav things aren't there like. Was the recipricol graph even supposed to come up? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Some little parts in questions got me. But overall I was really happy with how it went :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bradleyboy

i did 1,2,3,4,5 and 7! question two part B was tricky! threw me abit! and part ii or C for complex numbers was hard aswell! but question 1, 5 and 7 were simple i flew them!

Not really. Q4 c, Q6 b and c were hard. Didn't do Q5. What did you find so awful about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have no idea if it was hard I answered mainly As and Bs not many Cs. I didn't do question 1 and the 2nd question the b part there was a question then a part after it find AnB or something like that I hadn't a clue what to do for the B part. Glad first principles didn't come up I forgot how to use it. Was there two product rule questions one on question 6b part. and then question 7? An the 6a part I hadn't seen that before. I thought it wasn't too bad but then again I could have gotten them wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

I found part c's tough, but overall I was delighted with how it panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

ive been able to do past papers in little over an hour.. this took me 2 hours.. but i agree.. it was harder than previous.. :( hoping for an easy paper 2 as i need an A1 :S

• Advertisement

lisabisa wrote: »
    that was the only place I sorta seized up at too!
    gave me a headache :/

I know :( I'm just glad I did seven questions. I'd hate to be banking on that question.

Advertisement