Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths O Paper 1 Aftermath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 purple27

4c(ii) t=11 and k=3.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 megumiwinS

amortentia wrote: »
    Ughh I had worked out h but I got stuck trying to figure out something with indices?! Oh well, that was one of the two things I know for sure I got wrong. There are probably a good few other mistakes in my paper though.

If you did Q8, how did you prove that the curve has no turning points please?

I just did it one by one on the calculator when I got to the indices part. :P

For Q8 (iv) and (v) I didn't have a clue!:confused:
    I've just checked the papers and the (v) part appears in 2007 paper too. But I don't get the answer in the marking scheme.

You have to differentiate it again to get the acceleration, can't remember think it worked out at like -3m/s/s which proves that the ball was slowing down.

Oh noo I was talking about Q5 c part ;)

By the way, is it Q7 c(iii) that needs to get the acceleration??:eek:

lisabisa wrote: »
    I got t=6 and k=7 if I remember correct! D:

I think I got t=6 and k=5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

Just something about Paper 2 (because I don't want to make a whole thread about it). With area and volume, I always write down Pi as just the symbol and use the Pi button on my calculator because it doesn't specify too use 22/7 or 3.14. Will I be ok doing this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

That paper was horrible .Normally Arithmetic is my strong point but im slowly discovering I clearly got the wrong answers ffs :(

Cannon_93 wrote: »
    t=6 k=7 maybe?:)

You probably got it right because I've seen many people giving this answers :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

That paper was horrible .Normally Arithmetic is my strong point but im slowly discovering I clearly got the wrong answers ffs :(
    Youll still get attempt marks, and even if you only got the final answer wrong you get the main amount of marks for filling out the formula :)

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Did anyone get x=4.5 for the question where you sub in a to find x? I was unsure about it but I subbed it back into the equation and it worked out.

YES! Q2 a, x=4.5!!:p

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Youll still get attempt marks, and even if you only got the final answer wrong you get the main amount of marks for filling out the formula :)

I got part A right
    then for the currency I think I divided it by 12 , I know i didnt divide by 88 anyway
    then part c I ended up with something like 3hrs 47 mins I think

• Advertisement

r0cks0l1dd wrote: »
    Just something about Paper 2 (because I don't want to make a whole thread about it). With area and volume, I always write down Pi as just the symbol and use the Pi button on my calculator because it doesn't specify too use 22/7 or 3.14. Will I be ok doing this?

Yeahhh! I do that too!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

megumiwinS wrote: »
    YES! Q2 a, x=4.5!!:p

Yeah me too. I was a bit weary of it at first but it seems like it was right.

For c(ii)- I got k=7 and t=5. Anyone else?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Welshman666

I did all of the Questions. Most were fine, but my Q6 was a bit dodgey. Q5 was my favourite, I know I got the full 50 marks anyway :)

I did all of the Questions. Most were fine, but my Q6 was a bit dodgey. Q5 was my favourite, I know I got the full 50 marks anyway :)

How was your part Cs?? Okay too??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

I think I got t=6 and k=5 :(

This is the worst part bout discussing it after, you begin to doubt yourself. I guess the only thing is to hope for the best and whatnot;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

How did you guys go about doing that simultaneous? I had never done one with fractions before and I was unsure, but I think I ended up with whole numbers so it was safe.

How did you guys go about doing that simultaneous? I had never done one with fractions before and I was unsure, but I think I ended up with whole numbers so it was safe.

It was grand yeah. The fraction part you just need to cross multiply and then will be the same as usual. :o

And did you multiply the second line by 10 then so they'd be common fractions?

X=2 and y= -3 , think I got that one right ha. Hadn't done it with fractions before either but it looked correct so;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I tried doing it another way before i cross multiplied. It worked out fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Loved the paper,
    Got 63% in my Pres,
    Worked out to get 97% in this test.
    Done Q's 1,2,3,4,5 & 7
    Not a smart know it all but it just fell perfectly for me,
    Need B3 for college in Maths so thats a good start :)

Emm... I didn't multiply by 10. I just cross multiplied and got 5x=4-2y

lisabisa wrote: »
    X=2 and y= -3 , think I got that one right ha. Hadn't done it with fractions before either but it looked correct so;)

Yeah I got that too!:p

Yeah I got that too!:p

Woo, it's nice to not be alone!:D

Emm... I didn't multiply by 10. I just cross multiplied and got 5x=4-2y
    I did that, but then it's over 10, so I thought for it to work with the other equation you had to multiply the other one by 10. I ended up with 2 and 3 as answers I think so if I did make a mistake, hopefully it will be counted as just a blunder.

I did that, but then it's over 10, so I thought for it to work with the other equation you had to multiply the other one by 10. I ended up with 2 and 3 as answers I think so if I did make a mistake, hopefully it will be counted as just a blunder.

Hmm... It seems like you did an extra step :confused:
    But anyway you got the right answers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Welshman666

How was your part Cs?? Okay too??:confused:
    Some parts of the C's were a bit dodgey. I calculated that im guaranteed atleast a B on P1 anyway, I'm hoping for A overall (as I dropped from honours, I feel i should but I don't know) but my P2 usualy isn't as good, but i'll work on it tomorrow :P

I would sincerely hate to be the teacher who has the pleasure of correcting my paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Saphira Bunansa

I got part A right
    then for the currency I think I divided it by 12 , I know i didnt divide by 88 anyway
    then part c I ended up with something like 3hrs 47 mins I think

I got 3 hrs 46 I think ;) So hopefully we're on the right track!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I would sincerely hate to be the teacher who has the pleasure of correcting my paper

Same.. It wasn't particurlarly bad but I attempted a few parts a good 3/4 times :/

I'm sure you did well though! Chin up!

Advertisement