Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasty Delights in 30 minutes or less

Options
  • 10-06-2011 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

I'm always looking for new dishes which can be made in as little a time as possible. If I'm entertaining I hate missing out on chats (and wine ;)) if slaving away in the kitchen so am always looking for nyummy new dishes to try which can be whipped up quite easily!

I thought I'd share this one as this was made for me last weekend and I urge all you fellow-foodies out there to try it as it really was sublime.

If you can't find pollack I'd recommend any other nice substantial fish like halibut or cod or haddock

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/salted_pollack_with_a_41672

If you've got any quick dishes that sound similarly nyum I'd love to hear them! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

The butterbean and chorizo stew on its own sound lovely!

My go to quick yummy meal is the pesto chicken from the cooking club!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My favourite quick meal is from Jamie's 30 Minute Meals.

4 Salmon darnes, skin on
    Juice of half a lemon
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    Ginger
    Garlic
    Good Pinch 5 spice

Put the salmon, ginger, garlic, juice and soy sauce in an oven proof dish with a lid, skin side up. Sprinkle the 5 spice over the top. Put in a 200C oven for about 15 minutes.

I have a rice cooker too, so the rice gets turned on (300g long grain rice, 400ml water, bit of butter, veg stock cube) when the salmon goes in and it's all done at the same time. The liquid from the salmon is fantastic over the rice.

Mmmm, might make that tonight.

Advertisement