Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulsterbank treating me with no respect

Options
  • 10-06-2011 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

About 2 months ago I went in to the ulsterbank to switch my bank account from the BOI to the Ulster Bank, I was told it would be all done for me I would hear back from them soon, 5 weeks had passed and I heard nothing so I called them again and the girl i got through to said she would tell the guy I was dealing with to get back to me, I have still to hear back from him, I find this most unprofessional and thinking twice about joining them now, I think Ill go with the TSB, do they have a similar debit card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Yes they have switched to Visa Debit card.

TSB are alright, they have good customer service but their complaint system is very lengthy, I haven't had to complain but I've heard stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Contact the branch you switched to and ask for the service quality advisor(sqa). Explain you annoyance and tell them you wanted it sorted. They'll get it done. Either that or go to ptsb.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Wow 5weeks is terrible.

I filled out a switcher form in the branch in they were able to give me the account number before i left and it took about a week to get cards and pins sorted out.

Although i know a person that applied for a credit card and the girl in the branch filled the income information in wrong and it took 3 months, 2 declined applications and a letter of complaint to sort out.

5 weeks is somebody not doing their job right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I find them very good after I had to part with Halifax. Must be a manky branch or something, it only took them two or three days to send completed stuff to me. I agree about asking to speak with the supervisor. Or perhaps you have another branch nearby?

Advertisement