Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting degree recognised abroad

Options
  • 10-06-2011 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just wondering what site to go to to see if my degree and masters is recognised?

I have heard it causes people a lot of hassle once they are over there. I am intending on moving to Sydney.

I have tried 'Google' but not making much progress....

Thanks

NP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

Hello

Are you asking this question in the context of securing employment or securing the right to remain in Australia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Nervouspriest

LizOHagan wrote: »
    Hello

Are you asking this question in the context of securing employment or securing the right to remain in Australia?

Securing employment.

The plan is to get a one year visa, work any job at the start and try and get a job in my area if I am able to. I would just like to have this sorted before I go..:)

Would stay longer if possible if I get a job in my area - Finance..

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

In general terms degree qualifications from Ireland meet the Australian level of degrees etc. So from an employment perspective you should be OK if they require you to have a degree etc.

The challenge for professionals is securing a professional job as the holder of a working holiday visa. The 6 month work limitation can be seen as a negative to some employers. I suggest registering with recruitment companies who have vacancies for working holiday makers etc. A google search will bring up a few.

Be prepared for demand being higher than supply and be flexible on location and make sure your CV is up to Australian standards.

Good Luck! Liz

Advertisement