Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to UCD from Galway?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone doing this?
    Rather than burning money by driving back and forth once or twice a week - is possible to do it by bus?
    Does one have to go into city centre to change bus?

Perhaps train to Dub and then bus?

I'm looking at buseirann but not sure what stations to choose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

The direct bus from Galway to Dublin, then one from the city to UCD?

A friend of mine swears by City Link..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Gobus from Galway, 39a or 46a from the quays up to UCD. Costs 10 euro for the Gobus and 1.85 for Dublin bus. Citylink also does the direct bus to Dublin from Galway but not all their services are direct unlike Gobus. Bus is cheaper and just as comfortable as the train, with more services and sometimes quicker as well. 2 and a half hours each way, rarely late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

You would have to get a bus from Galway into the city centre and then another from town to UCD. Depending on the bus they have different stops but they all go to the city centre from Galway. Most go to Dublin (Busaras) which is the main bus terminal in Dublin. Then the 46A, amongst quite a few others, go to UCD.

If you were to get the train you would go to Heuston which is a bit of a trek to get to and from UCD (unless there is a bus that I'm not aware of). You would have to get the luas or walk (about half an hour) into the city centre and then get a bus out to UCD.

I would recommend the bus; cheaper and easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

If you were to get the train you would go to Heuston which is a bit of a trek to get to and from UCD (unless there is a bus that I'm not aware of).

That bus would be the 145, Heuston to Stillorgan Rd flyover entrance of UCD.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/145/

this bus can get held up in traffic, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

graduate wrote: »
    That bus would be the 145, Heuston to Stillorgan Rd flyover entrance of UCD.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/145/

this bus can get held up in traffic, though.

Ah, never knew about that. In my few forays from UCD to Heuston I've always got bus + luas. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement