Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Honours Maths paper 1 * AFTERMATH

• 10-06-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Were my class the only ones that all came up crying?

Worst paper I have ever seen, honestly.

How did you do in Higher Maths Paper One 189 votes

A
    0% 0 votes
    B
    28% 54 votes
    C
    19% 37 votes
    D
    13% 25 votes
    Fail
    13% 25 votes
    It doesn't matter, I'm just focusing on paper two now.
    25% 48 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 goosey93

disgusting!!!:mad::mad::mad::(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Absolutely horrible.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FreshTillDeath

Well there goes college . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

We were told the last q8 part (c) wasnt even on the course.. what a disaster of an exam not even the newton rapson or de moivre came up.. JOKE

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

Whyyyy did they have to change the layout of question 4? I was banking on question 4 and ended up screwing it up so badly. Didn't know how to do any of it!

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My friend came out of it bawling because she really wanted the A1. Sounds horrible :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Unbelievably difficult! I really thought I could've got an A... No chance now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!!
    If that's something designed to show how wonderful Project Maths is, GRR!!

Last Monday I took 4 and a half hours to do every question on Paper 1 and the first 9 questions on Paper 2 from the year 2000 and I got 97 point something %... Today I dunno if I'll even manage a B1!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to punch something. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Dropping down to ordinary was the best decision I ever made, that paper was cruel. Shouldn't be allowed to ramp up the difficulty like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

LOoking for an a ..... I was nearly crying! The only reason I wasn't was because my friend was and she only wanted to pass .... But she might not have.

It was a ridiculous paper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

Bastards in the department playing POLITICS with people's futures.

This is ALL about making PROJECT MATHS look good. :rolleyes:

What an awful paper. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Can I just ask y'all what you think you actually got?

Me? I failed.... Defo.

Something has to be done about this. Giving everyone an extra 40% will do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LilyLuna

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!!
    If that's something designed to show how wonderful Project Maths is, GRR!!

my thoughts exactly! they seriously just did to prove how great and easy next years course is! >:(
    Our teacher made us do every single q from every paper and i have never seen half of that stuff!

Failed without a doubt.. dunno is there any point doin anymore of the leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

If everyone found it difficult, don't worry about it, there will be marking corrections made for it when the correctors meet.
    Sister did it today, not too happy with it btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

HxGH wrote: »
    Can I just ask y'all what you think you actually got?

Me? I failed.... Defo.

Something has to be done about this. Giving everyone an extra 40% will do...

Was looking to pass, definitely failed the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DessieMG

Completely unfair bringing project maths into it, half the questions I have never even seen! how could it have gone from such an easy paper last year to that piece of crap! I doubt I'll be able to get the c3 I need for college, disgusting,

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Can someone post the paper please?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

What a c**t bag of a paper. I was going for an a1. Not a chance now...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

as your here cydoniac, congrats on getting onto the irish indo yesterday!

That paper was unbelievably hard. Integration ws my best topic. I didn't touch the c part!!! What was the story with 1b(ii)???? I can't get over it. It went dreadfully bad!! has to be marked easily! Loads of people can out in tears (even fellas).. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

DessieMG wrote: »
    how could it have gone from such an easy paper last year to that piece of crap!

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭kahf1_01

Guys, guys. we have to remain focused here and keep a cool head.

I did the honours paper too. I found it unusually difficult. I did question's 1,2,3,6,7,8.

1. Part A was grand. The B part was a gift, it was the factor theorem. And B part ii was horrible. The C part was ordinary and do-able.

2. Part A was normal. The B part was absolutely ridiculous! horrible. The C part was weird and impossible too.

3. Part A fine. Part B well, the first part was fine, but part ii was NOT! C I managed I reckon.

6. Part A fine. Part B yeah fine. Part C NO WAY!

7. Part A yeah fine. I think everyone got that can't complain. Part B the parametric question was a bit of a nightmare. Part C well, I reckon I got that. I said it was diagram C, as it was an increasing function.

OK, and finally I thought question 8 was the only nice normal question on the paper everything right bar B ii ...

and does anyone know if that last theroem was the sphere/volume theorem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 ShonyBoulders

This paper was definitely different from the papers of the last few years, I thought that the wording of some of the questions made things bad. Overall though, I'm fairly happy with it, I didn't do exceptionally but I didn't fail so I'm fairly happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DessieMG

higgz wrote: »
    Bastards in the department playing POLITICS with people's futures.

This is ALL about making PROJECT MATHS look good. :rolleyes:

What an awful paper. :mad:

Exactly Higgz!! next year when everyone does s*hit in project maths they'll go

''oh well these results seem to be in line with the average 2011 mark''

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

wow pretty tough, i doubt i failed, but i think ill be looking at a c/d, depending on paper 2 difficulty

What was the Q.8 part (c) about? Area of a disc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

carlowboy wrote: »
    If everyone found it difficult, don't worry about it, there will be marking corrections made for it when the correctors meet.
    Sister did it today, not too happy with it btw.

Very true.

If you did better than most people, an A is still in reach for many.

and there's always paper II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BallerinaBabe

I took one look through it, then switched to ordinary! I didn't need honours and there's noooo way I'm repeating..

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

What the actual hell was that crap!?! I actaully started crying in the middle of the exam........ I was hoping to get good marks in this paper since im utterly hopeless at p2, I've been doing every single exam paper back to 2000 and none of this crap was on them! Paper 2 is going to be dreadful ... I can't even.... The examiner asked me how it went because i think she saw me crying and she even said it was hard!!! I DEMAND EVERY PART A BE WORTH 15 marks or something!!!! >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I didn't do the paper but one girl was in the test crying over the paper because it was so hard.

Advertisement