Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Waterford - Dublin Airport Bus Service from 12 June

Options
  • 10-06-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if here is the right place to post it but from Sun 12 June Bus Eiriann operate Waterford - Dublin Airport via Dublin City. Route 4 replacing Waterford - Dublin City. New Timetable (MON - SUN)

Dep Dublin Airport (Atruim Road) -
    07:00, 09:00, 11:15, 13:15, 15:00, 16:50, 19:15, 21:45
    Dep Dublin Busaris -
    07:30, 09:30. 11:45, 13:45, 15:30, 17:30, 19:45, 22:15, 23:45
    ArrWaterford -
    10:20, 12:20, 14:35, 16:35, 18:20, 20:20, 22:35. 00:45, 02:15

Depart Waterford -
    03:00, 05:00, 07:00, 09:00, 10:45, 13:00, 15:00, 18:00, 19:00
    Arr Dublin Busaris -
    05:35, 07:35, 09:50, 11:50, 13:35, 15:35, 17:50, 20:20, 21:50
    Arr Dublin Airport -
    05:55, 07:55, 10:10, 12:10, 13:55, 15:55, 18:10, 20:40,

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=237

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Nice one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Nice one indeed. I have always been amazed that they don't service the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've always preferred rapid express because of their late night service!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

The late night one is good but if you get the return bus back during the day they stop at the most crazy ass out of the way villages. Takes like 4 hours.

Still 3am from Waterford is a great bus if you leaving at like 7.30

We actually managed to catch up and beat a bus eireann bus today. Assuming it was a race. Which it isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    We actually managed to catch up and beat a bus eireann bus today. Assuming it was a race. Which it isn't.

Are you sure it wasn't? Might have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

I take it the Busaras stop is a drop off and a bus change sure as otherwise it is same as the service Bus Eireann run already.

Have to say I find Rapid Express bus times excellent and cheaper on the Dublin / Dublin Airport run. I was up in Dublin last week for day and we got down that evening in 2 and a half hours. Great considering we left at rush hour. That was doing the usual stops, which by the way Bus Eireann also service. The only stop BE do not pick up at is the one outside Texaco station outside Moone turnoff I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

take it the Busaras stop is a drop off and a bus change sure as otherwise it is same as the service Bus Eireann run already.

As far as I'm aware it goes direct to the airprot. They will not pick any passengers travling between Busaras - Airprot and thats why they have a (D) on the timetable. The 15:00 is the only bus which will pick up passengers travling between Busaras - Airport as other services from Busaras which go via airprot are always full at that time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

It's a pity Bus Eireann didn't decide to introduce an express service instead of replicating the route that Rapid Express already run. An express service is much more important imo, what's the point in the new motorway network if all the public transport still goes on the secondary roads stopping at every crappy village on the way :confused:

johnnykilo wrote: »
    It's a pity Bus Eireann didn't decide to introduce an express service instead of replicating the route that Rapid Express already run. An express service is much more important imo, what's the point in the new motorway network if all the public transport still goes on the secondary roads stopping at every crappy village on the way :confused:
    An express service is much needed imo, with maybe one stop in Carlow on the way. It pains me to continuously see signage for the motorways only to have the bus turn in the opposite direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Vic_08

All the route 4 services now run direct between Carlow and Dublin via the M7/M9, no stops in Castledermot, Kilcullen or Naas any more.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    All the route 4 services now run direct between Carlow and Dublin via the M7/M9, no stops in Castledermot, Kilcullen or Naas any more.

Well that's something at least, but that part of the journey is grand enough. It's the rollercoaster ride between Waterford and Paulstown that's the killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Any compare prices between Bus Eireann and Rapid? If same price and route I'd def stay with Rapid express. But if B.E. go direct I'd change. Rapid are great coaches and comfortable, and they do the late flights as well. but I hate the Zig Zag route they (have to) take. I'd love to just shoot down the motorway tbh. :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Godsentme wrote: »
    Any compare prices between Bus Eireann and Rapid? If same price and route I'd def stay with Rapid express. But if B.E. go direct I'd change. Rapid are great coaches and comfortable, and they do the late flights as well. but I hate the Zig Zag route they (have to) take. I'd love to just shoot down the motorway tbh. :p:p

From the timetables Bus Eireann is 1 hour faster during peak times (3hrs versus 4). Also Bus Eireann sometimes have a pleasant surprise, putting on an extra non-stop bus to Waterford.

Rapid Express only really wins on having the late night service.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

I've personally had alot more pleasant Trips with JJ Kavanagh than i have bus Eireann out of Waterford thats for sure!!

But I agree if either of them put on an express service their onto a winner id reckon.

dayshah wrote: »
    From the timetables Bus Eireann is 1 hour faster during peak times (3hrs versus 4). Also Bus Eireann sometimes have a pleasant surprise, putting on an extra non-stop bus to Waterford.

The free Wi-Fi on the Rapid Express buses is also handy when the buses are equipped for it, which in my experience is most of the time.

The free Wi-Fi on the Rapid Express buses is also handy when the buses are equipped for it, which in my experience is most of the time.

For some reason I get the wifi signal, but never get it to work on my laptop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

So... is Waterford worth a visit? I live beside the airport and I want to sample a blaa.

So... is Waterford worth a visit? I live beside the airport and I want to sample a blaa.

Definitely :)

Get the 07.00 bus down so your blaa will be extra fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

dayshah wrote: »

Have to disagree there I use the Dublin Waterford route alot and have only ever experienced 4 hour journeys on Bus Eireann and that was from Busaras to Waterford. Regular occurance.

Kavanaghs are always faster even at peak hour traffic. Just last week we left Dublin at 5pm and I was home in my own house at 7.55pm. That was with drop off also. Can't beat that in my books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I travelled on the 09:00 from Waterford yesterday and we were in Dublin 10 minutes early. The bus does go direct to airport. It was the first time that a bus eireann bus that I traveled on was early normally they are always late.

The 17:30 to Waterford arrived in Waterford on time at 20:20 which I was suprised with as the traffic leaving Dublin was very heavy.

Just watching the Six One News. They were saying the new route (i.e. cutting Naas, Kilcullen and Castledermot) is more to do with budget cuts rather than improving the service. That makes sense alright :rolleyes:

Just watching the Six One News. They were saying the new route (i.e. cutting Naas, Kilcullen and Castledermot) is more to do with budget cuts rather than improving the service. That makes sense alright :rolleyes:

Its still faster though, and they still have Rapid Express.

Pity about the cutbacks to local services though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Got the airport bus recently with bus eireann, not a whole lot different time wise than kavanaghs but 20 euro return for a student is amazing value!!

O Riain wrote: »
    Got the airport bus recently with bus eireann, not a whole lot different time wise than kavanaghs but 20 euro return for a student is amazing value!!
    Pretty sure the Rapid Express bus is cheaper. It's €14 return to Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

With JJKavanagh:
    Student Day Return to Dublin Centre is 13€, 45 day return 14€.
    To the Airport 24€ or 25€ respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,347 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there any express services from Waterford to Dublin airport

Flying out at 6.30am on the 3rd Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is there any express services from Waterford to Dublin airport

Flying out at 6.30am on the 3rd Nov

From memory I think there is a bus from Parnell St at 1:30 which gets to DUB at about 4:15. Maybe have a search for the JJ Kavanagh timetables to confirm.

No idea about BE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Vic_08

From memory I think there is a bus from Parnell St at 1:30 which gets to DUB at about 4:15. Maybe have a search for the JJ Kavanagh timetables to confirm.

No idea about BE.

Waterford Bus Station 02.30 - Dublin Airport 05.00

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425310182-004.pdf

http://jjkavanagh.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Waterford-Dublin-Airport.pdf

• Advertisement

Bus Eireann have a 2:30am bus that arrives in Dublin at 5am

Advertisement