Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Maths Paper 1

• 10-06-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

So what are peoples thoughts who did the PM paper? Most of our (honours) class came out in floods of tears. Saw a lot of ordinary level people who didn't look too happy either. Judging from threads appearing here, the normal paper was horrible too!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

I did the honours paper, yes it was ridiculously hard:(
    I'm not too worried though:cool:, I need a C3 but even the geniuses in my class found it extremely difficult and I think I made a good attempt at everything.
    Don't forget there's only a couple of hundred people doing honours project maths, and it seems the vast majority found that paper challenging to say the least.
    They will have to adjust the marking scheme to get the results they want so don't worry. If you made good attempts at everything you'll do fine.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Colm92

Very very difficult honours paper....

For anyone who wants a look its here http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2011/LC003ALP130EV.pdf

There was a lot of tears in my school also...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

I did the pass. It was surprisingly un project mathsy but still weird
    First question was explain prime numbers really threw a lot of the class as its such a simple thing no one thought about it.Hard to tell how well i got on but I'm happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ciarashauna

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're not going to let us fail, they want their new course to look good.
    I just thought it was a horrible paper. They spent time telling teachers if we knew the sample paper we'd be ok - quite obviosuly a lie.
    Just praying I pass it now, that's all :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Project maths Higher level was so hard, people came out in tears for us too :/

Wish we could have done the normal course.

• Advertisement

Our teacher went through it with us when we came out, and we probably all did better than we thought but I'm still so annoyed. It was just a horrible paper. :mad:

Yeah im looking at it now, the 1st 3 questions were grand but some after that were just :/

Yeah I was making a fairly good attempt until I got to question 4 and then I just wanted to leave. Struggled on though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 caitdebhail

i thought i was gonna get sick when i was inside there! disaster of the paper, and after that letter they sent us earlier on in the year telling us to reassure students that the paper won't be very hard!! i was looking for the A1 but at the moment i'll be happy with a C. the only question i fully finished was Q4 i think!

Yeah I know talk about lying to us ha! I need the points as I only do 5 other subjects, but God knows what I'll get now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 caitdebhail

but the thing is they made both the Proj Maths paper and the normal paper hard, it makes no sense!! if i ever find out who set the paper... there'll be war! maths is my best subject and i really wanted an A1 :(

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As a matter of interest what answers did you lot get in financial

I got something like 503,000 for the 1st payment
    Then 503000
    1 over interest rate to the power of n minus 1

for the formula bit. But ended up with 7.7 million for my answer, which was less than their after tax answer of 7.9 :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wazzarooney

Well they have to make it hard as there will be 30 points extra next year.
    Listen to the experts thoughts http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_countdownto806.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheNuttyBrowny

that paper was shocking and really weird! like it wasnt really maths!! the one with the ring omg the amount of times i had to read it to try and get what was going on and i still didnt understand!! the only q i think i got right was q 3 think i got a and b and i think i got half of the integration question right until the disc bit!..........which we were told defo wasnt on the course! im so mad you really have to have a different way of thinkin for the pj course like question 1(ii) i would never have come to think that it was the 1 2 root 3 triangle but now when i think about it its obvious!!

Advertisement