Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West Newspapers

• 10-06-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I am doing a bit of Advertising for my company in the next couple of weeks - I wanted to find out what newspaper's you would reccomend? The premises is in City West Shopping Centre.

I got some good info from the Dublin 15 forum recently about advertising for our Clonee shop, so hopefully I can get some good info here also! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Liffey Champion and the Lucan Gazette would be the big 2 in the Lucan. The Lucan Gazette is free and available in newsagents and the supermarkets and more likely to be picked up by people as opposed to the freebies that come through the door like the Lucan Informer which invariably goes straight to the green bin.

Iirc there's a Clondalkin Gazette too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

lord lucan wrote: »
    Liffey Champion and the Lucan Gazette would be the big 2 in the Lucan. The Lucan Gazette is free and available in newsagents and the supermarkets and more likely to be picked up by people as opposed to the freebies that come through the door like the Lucan Informer which invariably goes straight to the green bin.

Iirc there's a Clondalkin Gazette too.

Yep, the Gazette is part of a group of local newspapers. The only thing I'd say about the Liffey Champion is that while it covers Lucan it is mostly a Kildare paper imo. Leixlip, Celbridge and Maynooth get plenty of coverage too. If you don't want to target Kildare or have a very limited ad budget then I'd go for the Gazette.

Others may disagree, it's only my opinion :)

The Echo is a paid for paper which is on sale in shops and door to door. It covers Tallaght, Clondalkin and Lucan.

Personally, I rarely pick up the Gazette but get the Echo every week as it comes to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

There seems to be an echo paper for a lot of the different southside areas,worth a read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

The Echo looks like it might be worth a punt. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Citywest Shopping Centre run pieces in the Echo most weeks. They did one for the new interior place that opened up there. Might be worth talking to the management.
    They also promote through their face book page.

I'd be interested about any new places in the shopping centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If you're targetting Lucan, I'd recommend the Lucan Digest over the Lucan Gazette. As others said, people can pick up the Gazette in shops, but the Digest is distributed to 12,000 homes in Lucan

People tend not to throw it out like a newspaper, but keep it as it is full of local services (taxi, plumber, electrician, handyman, etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

unkel wrote: »
    People tend not to throw it out like a newspaper, but keep it as it is full of local services (taxi, plumber, electrician, handyman, etc.)

Except me.:o

Advertisement