Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting started

Options
  • 10-06-2011 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi guys.....wondering if anybody has some suggestions for me....to get started again.
    Ive put up 1.5 stone in the last yr due to a move....before this I was running,cycling like crazy,gym at least 3 times a week,hr and half sessions, swimming , love hikiing, I had sooooo much variety.
    Since moving and as I have pretty much nobody up here to do anything with finding it so difficult to motivate myself and Ive been comfort eating!I feel like Ive turned into this whole other person, even my confidence is starting to go down :(
    When training on a typical day Id eat really big breakfast, home made soup and light dinner and if snacking have banana or homemade cereal bar.
    Now Im eating minstrels, loads potatoes etc, lets just say my diet also gone out the window.

I really need some help and suggestions,my problem is I joined a hiking club but didnt enjoy it up here, I dont feel comfy running at all with extra weight, I bought a stationary bike(which isnt great and takes ages to just warm up) as I dont feel safe on roads in Dub and dont know any routes....dont want to swim as dont feel comfy with weight at moment and I will try from this week go to gym once just before work but comunal showers so have to try race home first!!
    God I really do sound pretty sad....my confidence is gone!!!In just one year I went fro 9.5stone and very toned to 11.9.
    I go home at weekends and just bought a new racer so I have NO PROBLEM getting out for spin when Im home, some weeks home evry wkend but can be 2 or 3 in row not home. I feel as though if I got into a routine for over 3 weeks I d be addicted and flying again!!
    Please help, I need a magic wand at this stage!!! Feel really down. My bf I live with has seen a change even....his only person I have up here really.
    Thanks guys
    27 yr old female. 5ft 7

Advertisement