Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Swift Portrait

• 10-06-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I've read that you need to get 2,000 on the mortar game in mourningwood fort to get Major Swifts Portrait. I've been trying but I cant quite make it, would anybody like to sell or trade theirs. I'm willing to pay any amount of money or trade anything i have. My username is Formerknave4

I forgot to mention its for Fable 3 on xbox but I'm guessing you know that already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

Your best bet is to find out where they are spawning and kill them in groups, it takes time.

Also the sales of services are prohibted on Xbox Live, so if your caught doing it(over a small achievement) you will be permabanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kdogkeith

AndywK wrote: »
    Your best bet is to find out where they are spawning and kill them in groups, it takes time.

Also the sales of services are prohibted on Xbox Live, so if your caught doing it(over a small achievement) you will be permabanned.

Thanks but ive been trying that and i keep falling short of 2,000 also im not trying to get the portrait for an achievement im trying to win it for a friend who helped me with the game a lot.
    I'll keep trying to win it but my offer still stands

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

I just got the achievement a few weeks ago. It takes a little time and practice. Learn the spawn locations for the hollowmen and get them when they first appear. The first group appears on the left and then the next 2 are on the right if I remember correctly. Keep firing as you move between groups to add to your point total. If you're not constantly firing you won't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This is NOT a difficult achievement if you do it right.

Do it in co-op it combines both players scores!!!!!!!

Failing that if you need to do it by yourself then listen to the ghost beside you he will tell you where the Hollowmen are spawning from. Don't waste time going after 1 or 2 of them. Try and get them in a bunch when they spawn.

It took me 3 attempts to get this on my own.

FYI you are not guaranteed to get the portrait as it's a random loot so you could end up with the gem. Is there some significance to the portrait I'm not remembering other than being able to use it as a furniture idem in a house :confused:

Thanks for all of your sugestions, i played in co-op mode and got a combined score of over 2000 but all i got was a potion. Does anybody know if the portrait can be got in co-op???:confused:

I believe my friend wants to complete the collection, they told me they wanted it and i didnt question the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sounds odd as there is no achievement for getting all the portraits is there? You do get an ultra weapon for getting 2k but that is random too and you only get one per character, so if the one you want doesn't pop then it's tough luck.

There was a thread in a games forum where a few of us where trying to get a complete set of weapons together for that one, at my guess I'd say we have 40 of the 50 between us but I won't have access to my game for the next week to check what I have / need.

Anyway double check with your pal because i'd be 99% he's after weapons and not portraits ;)

Some details here http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Mortar_and_Mourning

Thanks for that calex, I'm not too bothered about getting weapons or portraits for myself and as far as i know there isnt an achievement, I think he just wants the collection for a sense of accomplishment.

Advertisement