Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Beerfest 2011!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Nope, I'm not mixed up - I'll be at the RDS event too, looking forward to it. :pac:

True, perhaps what I should have said is that in my opinion events like Beerfest are an opportunity to celebrate Irish microbrewing - and, yes, quality imported beers too. They were certainly the focus of my interest (and the broader group of foodies and friends I went with).

I was referring to Irish microbreweries to be honest. The state of play is certainly different in the U.S and there's a distinction between independent brewers and microbrewers for sure.

I stand by my point that attending an event like Beerfest and opting to drink mass market beer you could drink in any pub at any time is a little like going to 'A taste of Dublin' with the firm intention of avoiding eating anything you wouldn't ordinarily eat i.e a little bizarre, surely.

Thats exactly my point, its like the people on this forum under the "What beer are we drinking this week?" thread saying, Smitwicks and Bavaria, who gives a damn! I read it to get inspiration on new beers to try, I don't go on the gourmet food thread saying I had an easi singles cheese sandwich do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It'd be great if they did off sales next year, although I'm sure licensing would be a no-no. I would have loved to take some of the Rogue home with me.

The Irish breweries did really well, I popped around to all of them at some stage in the night to try their beers on tap rather than bottle. Brewdog stole the show for us. We drank a lot of Hardcore IPA & AB06.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had a great time at Beerfest and most seemed to be having a great time. Later in the evening the great products and the high ABV started to have its affect on a few people but that's just the fun of it.

1600 tickets sold I understand and it was packed from start to finish. It was a great event. ;)

Speaking of the folks drinking pints of Heineken. I personally thought it was rather odd to pay €20 to get in only to start drinking Heineken. I would have thought people would have come to the event to broaden their horizons and to try something new but hey that's just life. :confused:

From my perspective Aspall Cyder 7% Premier Cru was a great hit for us. Many people used all their vouchers and started coughing up the €1.50 for more. :cool:

As we were only graced with the Agency for Samuel Adams on the Tuesday just gone we didn't have time to import a larger range and wouldn't have been able to present it at the show. It was a shame but "watch this space" for a larger Samuel Adams range "at a leading stockist" near you soon. :D

I think at the show itself you nearly had to have a stand downstairs and I understood from my industry colleagues that upstairs was a little trying at times as people came up the back stairs, out, and into the BBQ/Smoking area.

Stand dismantled, truck packed up, money in back pocket, found my car keys and managed to get down to Against the Grain by 11:35pm. :D My old friend Fischers was enjoyed. :D You could see many folks who were at the Beer Festival in the Grain and as the evening went on many many of the suppliers/brewers were there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Beer Baron wrote: »
    As we were only graced with the Agency for Samuel Adams on the Tuesday just gone we didn't have time to import a larger range and wouldn't have been able to present it at the show. It was a shame but "watch this space" for a larger Samuel Adams range "at a leading stockist" near you soon. :D

Looking forward to that. A trip to Boston in 2002 and Sam Adams were what put me on the path the the world of craft beer. It always retains a special place in my heart!

Advertisement