Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealing your exam booklet

• 10-06-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

After the maths exam I was obviously stressed..! :P

For some reason rather than fold the thing over and stick it I tore almost all of it off! It's only sealed at the bottom for a few inches... The supervisor said it was ok but it looks tampered with..!

Help..?! :O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fionnsci

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure it happens regularly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It'll be fine. You should see the state some of them are in by the time they reach the correctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

ha i hate when you make a complete mess of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I was one of 2 people in the room doing higher.. The other was my friend and was in tears..! :L Just wanted to get over to her..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I hate sealing my paper at the end, it always feels like the moment when I've forgotten something vital!

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I hate sealing my paper at the end, it always feels like the moment when I've forgotten something vital!

And the extra paper doesn't fit properly so you have to kind of bend the end and stuff it in! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I hate sealing them! Sometimes it's crinkly grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

I accidently forgot to write "Paper 1" in English on Wednesday where it says "Subject".
    Would that be a problem? (I wrote "Paper 2" yesterday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Dbstf wrote: »
    I accidently forgot to write "Paper 1" in English on Wednesday where it says "Subject".
    Would that be a problem? (I wrote "Paper 2" yesterday)

Not at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

I had a huge issue with my geography one.... it wouldn't fold over properly with all the paper in it, so, only a TINY edge of the paper is sealed, the rest is the exposed sticky bit....

I have visions of my paper now being stuck to someone elses, or opening :-/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I keep getting my fingers stuck to the adhesive, its so sticky !

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I had a huge issue with my geography one.... it wouldn't fold over properly with all the paper in it, so, only a TINY edge of the paper is sealed, the rest is the exposed sticky bit....

I have visions of my paper now being stuck to someone elses, or opening :-/

^^ ditto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Did any ones examiners tell you not to use the little string thing to link the booklets? I asked for one for my english and I was told they were an examiners nightmare and they extra pages would be fine inside the sealed booklet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I sealed my english paper 1 wrong on wednesday I didn't see the seal so I folded the sticky bit over for some reason :S.

My examiner gave us all out those string things for loose pages and told use we had yo use it..

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Did any ones examiners tell you not to use the little string thing to link the booklets? I asked for one for my english and I was told they were an examiners nightmare and they extra pages would be fine inside the sealed booklet :confused:

Emm no.. It would be kinda easy for them to slip out :/

Don't worry though I'm sure they'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

Cydoniac wrote: »

That is so true. Today in maths after sealing my booklet there was like 30 mins left so i couldnt leave and i got bored so i started re-reading the paper and i realised that i hadnt written down the units of measurement so i had to carefully lift the pages up and get my pen in there to write them in.. does the job :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Emm no.. It would be kinda easy for them to slip out :/

Don't worry though I'm sure they'll be fine :)

I gave it a little tug and it was fairly stiff in there so I'd say (hope) it will be grand. Unless the corrector starts throwing the scripts around ill be ok :P

I gave it a little tug and it was fairly stiff in there so I'd say (hope) it will be grand. Unless the corrector starts throwing the scripts around ill be ok :P

They all go into an envelope anyway and stay there until some hot July day when an examiner opens it to correct..! :P Should be safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lisabisa

Read that as "selling your exam booklet" cause the writing on my phone is small. Got my hopes up there;) haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

They all go into an envelope anyway and stay there until some hot July day when an examiner opens it to correct..! :P

Sounds like unreal craic for the examiner :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement