Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Olympics - Support

Options
  • 10-06-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Tell your story here if you take part in the Special Olympics or are a volunteer. I believe it would be inspiring to hear the stories of those involved and possibly make more people aware of how they can become volunteers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lollipoplady

I dont really think anyone can understand or really "get" how amazing the special olympics is unless you are part of it. I volunteered for the special olympics in Limerick last year. Now i volunteer as often as I can and am even changing career paths because of it. I now know i want to work with people with special needs!! I cannot speak highly enough of the organisers, volunteers, athletes and their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭safetymanager

Thanks for getting the ball rolling lollipoplady. So glad you are inspired by volunteering.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lollipoplady

Im only delighted to talk and rave on about the special olympics:) Sometimes I think I enjoy the games more than the athletes!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭diabeticmum

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SpecialOlympicsIreland

Thought ye might enjoy this, Team Ireland doing brilliant in Athens. Well done to all involved

Advertisement