Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BulletStorm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Duke couldn't reinvigorate a dead fish, as a character, he's dead - a relic of the mid 90s that's about as relevant as Big the Cat right now.

Bulletstorm was brilliant, a great balls-out action shooter that in many ways led the way for the rebirth of Doom. I've no problem with Gearbox charging for the game if they do significant work to it but I hope it's more than just pasting in Duke Nukem.

• This is out this week.
    Gearbox really don't do PR very well. That song is getting it so many down-votes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Not a great trailer - should focus more on the skillshots and wacky kills. That's what Bulletstorm excelled at and what made it different to other shooters. Looks pretty generic from the trailer, plus it has a couple of clips from on-the-rails sections of the game (which are almost universally bad!)

🤪

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh ffs, I heard literally 2 seconds of it and couldn't watch any more. You want to sell fast and furious action games, you need heavy metal. It's that simple. Case in point: Doom.

• Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Not a great trailer - should focus more on the skillshots and wacky kills. That's what Bulletstorm excelled at and what made it different to other shooters. Looks pretty generic from the trailer, plus it has a couple of clips from on-the-rails sections of the game (which are almost universally bad!)

I'd disagree with that, the train sequence is fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone should tell them that dubstep is dead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Forty quid for a remaster? Get to fup Gearbox. I'd have paid €20 at most.

• Shiminay wrote: »

That's Gearbox in a nutshell though. You don't even get the Duke stuff unless you pre-order which is also annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Shiminay wrote: »
    The original was $20 on Steam up until recently so given the quality of the remaster from the footage released so far as well as the extra work done to replace the network layer (no more GFWL, whoop), $40 would have been a more attractive price I'd say.

In any case, I loved the original so will definitely be picking this up down the line. Hopefully it does well enough to hit whatever bar they've set for potentially moving forward with a sequel.

• gizmo wrote: »
    The original was $20 on Steam up until recently so given the quality of the remaster from the footage released so far as well as the extra work done to replace the network layer (no more GFWL, whoop), $40 would have been a more attractive price I'd say.

In any case, I loved the original so will definitely be picking this up down the line. Hopefully it does well enough to hit whatever bar they've set for potentially moving forward with a sequel.

Is this actually online again?
    I really enjoyed the coop to be fair.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is this actually online again?
    I really enjoyed the coop to be fair.
    It is indeed, the Anarchy co-op mode and leaderboards are both back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When it comes down in price a bit, i'll get it. €40 is still a tad too high for a remaster, even if it's a GOTY remaster type. It was a very enjoyable game, and as M!ick said, the train on the rails section was very well done. I will get it eventually.

• I can't find this on the Xbox store, I wanted to check the price but no joy.
    It's mad that you can't see this listed today!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I can't find this on the Xbox store, I wanted to check the price but no joy.
    It's mad that you can't see this listed today!

I just checked my xbox One there and you are right it is not there. It is not even in the coming soon section.

It is listed on steam though as coming soon for 39.09, usual price 45.99 they must be doing a special at the minute with 15% off.

• fyi this is listed on Argos @ 47.99 for both X1 & PS4 Versions

This will be a tenner on the PSN/Xbox stores in a month or so. Don't think there's much interest in it all and the price will plumet.

• This will be a tenner on the PSN/Xbox stores in a month or so. Don't think there's much interest in it all and the price will plumet.

It's a crazy price point
    Gamestop have the vile notion that they are going to sell this for 60 Euros

This will be a tenner on the PSN/Xbox stores in a month or so. Don't think there's much interest in it all and the price will plumet.
    Which is a pity since, according to a Producer from Gearbox, they were going to be gauging interest in a sequel based off the sales of this release. :(

Which is a pity since, according to a Producer from Gearbox, they were going to be gauging interest in a sequel based off the sales of this release. :(

That's there fault as fans like me would love a second game but the price point should have been lower to compensate.

As a side note: Really Interesting development from Total Biscuit in relation to Gearbox / G2A partnership.

That's there fault as fans like me would love a second game but the price point should have been lower to composite.
    Don't disagree on a lower price being more palatable to most, especially those who already picked it up when it was released originally, but a tenner may be taking the piss a tad. ;)

The G2A partnership, on the other hand, has me seriously considering whether I'll pick the game up at all now. It's utterly ****ing baffling to me why they'd partner with them given G2A's practices. If they wanted to partner with a company for such a special edition then why not go with someone like iam8bit who actually release some pretty cool stuff and aren't...well, G2A.

• Advertisement

Don't disagree on a lower price being more palatable to most, especially those who already picked it up when it was released originally, but a tenner may be taking the piss a tad. ;)

The G2A partnership, on the other hand, has me seriously considering whether I'll pick the game up at all now. It's utterly ****ing baffling to me why they'd partner with them given G2A's practices. If they wanted to partner with a company for such a special edition then why not go with someone like iam8bit who actually release some pretty cool stuff and aren't...well, G2A.

Oh no a Price point of 30 - 40 Euros max would have been just right. But when you see this for 60 Euros in Gamestop nobody will go near it.
    The best place is delivered on Amazon via Prime at 34.99 Sterling.

Argos was next at 47.99 Euros which includes the Duke DLC (Which is the one I picked up at lunch). I was always getting it anyway as I'm a massive fan but I fear for the games future. All I could do is support it.

As for the Video above: They really did take Total Biscuits advice however. It's really going to be interesting to see if G2A react to the demands of Gearbox now

gizmo wrote: »

That's all well and good but you really can't ask people to pay upwards of 50 euro for a slightly tarted up version of a game that you already gave away for free on PS+. Half that price is where it should be at and it would get people to bite.

When you look at what else that 50 euro can get you on PSN right now, it's even less appealing.

That's all well and good but you really can't ask people to pay upwards of 50 euro for a slightly tarted up version of a game that you already gave away for free on PS+. Half that price is where it should be at and it would get people to bite.

When you look at what else that 50 euro can get you on PSN right now, it's even less appealing.
    Don't disagree with that either, I'm more lamenting the end result of the pricing misstep, the lack of interest and the nail in the coffin it will represent for a sequel.

That being said, it's worth bearing in mind that it was EA who gave the original away, not Gearbox as the new publisher and the work that's gone into it appears to be a little more than just tarting it up. PCF have said they've been working on it for two years and while that was probably with a small team separate from their work on Fortnite, this most definitely doesn't fall into the category of cheap cash-in remaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd like to support it as it was a fantastic game that deserves greater recognition but after buying the original version at launch (still have the copy - must have been one of, if not the last physical PC game I ever bought), I can't really justify shelling out 50 euro on a remaster.

Reviews seem pretty good - not just a lazy slap-dash job.

• Well i have a problem where i cant use the Duke dlc even though it's assigned to my account. This is still not showing in the store either

Edit* so i believe this ties with the issue with the game not showing up on the Irish store

I changed my Xbox local to uk and it allowed me download the dlc

• Pretty much spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Is Duke Nukem even remotely popular these day?

Venom wrote: »
    Is Duke Nukem even remotely popular these day?

That's the other thing. Duke Nukem is so outdated, and just...well....juvenile that putting him in a game is more likely to turn me off it than get me interested in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked this up from amazon there last week end up getting it for free as there is a big dent in the box due to the fact amazon put 3 orders in the same box that i ordered at different times and did not put anything in the box to protract the stuff.

But i have been playing it and found the game has aged and not aged in a good way at all. ITs so how you say cunky compare to say other over the top FPS like DOOM, The New order, Borderlands 2 where they gunplay and gameplay is perfect while this fells so cunky and stiff compare to newer games.

I am playing it on a PS4 Pro and on a 4K TV and I am like hmmm even looks i am playing a upscale 360/ps3 game and does not look like a remaster at all.

I loved this game when it came out and thought it was fantastic but time has not been good to it at all :(.

Advertisement