Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone do Presentation and Performance Skills for the Media?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I went to the second round of interviews for it in March and I was accepted but I've never really heard anything about this course and I'm worried there's gonna be like, nobody doing it :p:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Well hello new classmate! There'll be at least 2 of us...phew.

I'm kind of confused though, because I wanted to do this course last year but they said they weren't running it anymore, and were only doing a 2 year one, but then this year I saw it was back up so applied and I'm guessing it's happening now...

Still not 100% sure what we'll be doing though! Hopefully it'll be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

Phew. Just as long as there's someone else :rolleyes: Were you at the first round of interviews? I was the only person there for the interview for this course, so I was just praying there was other people there on the first round of interviews!

And by the way, I also heard about that 2 year course you're talking about. I saw it on the website AGES ago but it's not listed there with the other courses anymore. I rang the college about the 2 year one verses the 1 year one and she didn't have a clue what I was talking about!

Yup I was at the first round! There were at least 2 or 3 others there at the time. Hopefully enough so that the course actually goes ahead! The way they described this one to me in the interview it sounded really cool anyway and made me want to do it when I'd been in two minds before.... just wish I could remember more of what they said!

Yeah I can't remember much of what they said either, did they make you do a presentation in front of them? :p And thank god there was other people there at your interview. I was the only one there for it at the time, unless some people arrived later.

• Advertisement

I didn't do a presentation, but I had a pre-recorded thing I played for them. Quite awkward when we all had to sit there watching it together! They were so lovely though. I think it could be a really fun course if there's a good group of us doing it!

I brought a pre-recorded thing I had done with me too but they told me they would watch it after I had left so they asked me to stand in front of them and do the presentation I did for the video on the spot.:eek:
    Yeah I read on the website that the people fom our course work with the people doing TV production on a magazine style programme, which I guess would be something like Xposé. That would be so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 catgr1

did you guys do this course?

Advertisement