Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sailing in Dublin!

Options
  • 10-06-2011 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've never been sailing before and have wanted to give it a go for a while, does anybody know anywhere good to try it out in Dublin?? Maybe just a weekend or 2 day thing to see if I like it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi ClareD, there are a few posts like this that should help you out if you look through them. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056252442
    Also call into your local sailing club and they will point you in the right direction this is whats going on in skerries http://www.skerriessailingclub.com/courses.html

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sean1983

Hey clare,

* * * * * * * * I did a sailing course 2 weekends ago with a sailing school based in Dun Laoghaire called irish offshore sailing, it was a weekend liveaboard course on a yacht, der was five of us on the boat for the weekend, and i have to say it was a total laugh. Didnt know what i was gettin meself into on the friday night, *but the guy who runs it was a guy called ronawn from cork, and he made me feel totaly welcome introduced me to the other guys on the boat, we went for *a couple of beers on the friday night and got up early on the sat and spent the whole day sailing and sailed into malahide for the sat night, and had a few more drinks there and sailed back on the sunday. Food was really nice, one of d lads doing the course happened to be a chef so wanted to cook for everybody. .Anyway all round good experience, der was just really good banter on the *boat the whole time,maybe i was just lucky coz d other guys doin the course were so nice as well *but def gona do another weekends course towards the end of august.

Sean

Advertisement