Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on RMA & Cheap Replacement

Options
  • 10-06-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

My ATI XFX 4890 has literally shut down my computer for the last time because I am sick of it. It doesn't overheat because my components are all very well cooled and I have been checking the temps on it regularly. Basically when I play the likes of Shogun 2, COH or even sometimes watch youtube videos the screen goes like either a grey colour or some variant colour and I need to restart the PC. During the stage where the screen goes grey the GPU fan goes a bit mental so thats why I think its the card.

Not only this but to test if it was the GPU I ran Furmark today and as soon as I click begin test the thing goes grey and fan starts going ape. So it must be the GPU, right?

Anyway in terms of an RMA it was purchased from Aria. However my mates uncle purchased it. My questions are as follows:

Can I get the order reference off him and RMA it myself? Or does he have to do everything?

I bought it in January 2010, is it likely that its still covered?

Sorry to ramble on, but in case I cant get it returned for whatever reason, can anyone suggest a DX11 card for relatively cheap i.e. around £90 sterling, that will play Shogun 2 well

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to be thorough.

Cheers,
    Baz

Advertisement