Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardcore Gamer

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You know the way 'fanboy' is thrown about; and there's a derogatory term for Xbox fanboys ("Xbots").......is there a similar phrase for Sony or Nintendo 'fanboys'? Haven't heard it bandied about.

this needs to be deleted from space time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

You know the way 'fanboy' is thrown about; and there's a derogatory term for Xbox fanboys ("Xbots").......is there a similar phrase for Sony or Nintendo 'fanboys'? Haven't heard it bandied about.

Never heard of xbots before tbh, and glad I haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Burgo wrote: »
    same, newer heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

really? That's probably for the best. I'd just like to know for my own edification.

personally i think 'Xbots' is a hilariously childish term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

'Xbox fanboys ("Xbots").......

Do they get their own 80's cartoon-style theme tune?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Sounds like Xmen, Xbox and Autobots all in one.

Xbots... roll out *360 logo sound*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds like Xmen, Xbox and Autobots all in one.

That might just be the coolest thing ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

You're not alone. I've heard that term before; probably used ironically by folk on podcasts, or in some penny-arcade strip.

I'm surprised that others, here, seem unaware of these 'witticisms'. Not that they should feel tempted to seek out and use these, oh-so-clever, plays on everyday words.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Burgo wrote: »

Only xbots themselves would know this term I imagine :P

Advertisement