Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Irish

• 10-06-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm thinking of dropping down on the day.

Can someone please sum up the structure of Irish Paper 2 at ordinary level?

Prós & poetry and what else?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Not so sure that's such a good thing for you to do.... Friends that do Higher level haven't done some of the stuff I had. Not sure whether that's down to their teacher, or, whether it's possible that it's different...

You'd ace paper one, but, for example - have you covered Clair Sa Speir?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jawn

I have!

If you could gimme a rundown of the sections of paper 2, that'd be sweet!

We've done all the 'ordinary' poetry & all the prós.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

jawn wrote: »
    I have!

If you could gimme a rundown of the sections of paper 2, that'd be sweet!

We've done all the 'ordinary' poetry & all the prós.

It's quite a complication layout, I'd suggest looking up examinations.ie for the papers :)

First, Pros. 55 marks going for it.
    A & B: In a, you get a choice of 3 poems with two questions on each. Choose one.

and in b, a choice of two questions, it's a "in relation to other works" question and you pick one.

Then, poems:

A and B again.
    A is a choice of two poems with short questions on each, choose one.(You're given the poem)

and then b, you've no choice what poem you want to answer on. You have to do it. Again though, you're given the poem and have a choice of two questions.

That's it :P

Make sure not to answer the rest of the paper There's whole other section to the paper 'Cursa Roghnach'. It's completely different.

Look up some papers, the layout takes a while to get your head around... I think I got it right!

Advertisement