Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPA's in nursing dept?

Options
  • 10-06-2011 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey,
    Does anyone know what the GPA awards are in relation to the 4.0 marking system.
    On the examinations page its given in percentages, however in the nursing dept we get our GPA on the 4.0 scale.
    I've seen the ranges and corresponding awards in other colleges but have noticed they vary slightly so wondering what LYIT's classifications are,
    haven't been able to find out within the college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭batistuta9

if you have a 4.0 gpa system then why dont they give it to you? there a scale for a 4.0 on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056198664 but dont know what country/school its from, it'll give you an idea though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jelly12

thanks for that, i do not know why they don't give us the details I think sometimes they forget about our department because I think the others honours degrees are on the percentage system. I have contacted them tho and got no reply..

yeah i think the other degrees are on the percentage system too, nearly 100% sure they are. you could go in on monday to consultation day & ask your lectures/head of department about it & you know that the results(percentageGPA/4.0gpa) only matter from the last year of your course, it not a gpa of all 4 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jelly12

can't make it, but ive emailed them, one of the girls is going to ask but we asked last year and didnt get a very clear answer. Yeah for us the 3rd and 4th year counts, just want to know so I can see where I stand at the moment and what I need to pull it up. Hopefully we'l geet some answers today thanks for you're help.

haha i know what you mean it's hard to get a definite answer, sometimes different lectures give you different answers to the the same question. i'm still not sure if you have to pass both the CA & final exam or just get a total of 40% to pass the subject - say you failed the CA but but done well in the final exam.
    anyway did you get an answer from them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement