Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Videos Megathread **Do not quote videos**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Le Tour Yorkshire released this promo the other day.
    It's quite stunning.
    Mute it, if over dramatic music grates on you.
    Cover your eyes at all the coastline shots, routes don't go anywhere near Robin Hood's bay or Hull/ Humber bridge.
    Smile that they got a whippet in at the end, aaah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Doubt anybody remembers but I posted a long while back that I was having problems with my bottom bouncing around when my cadence is high. I'm actually still having that problem. Using fixed gear spinning bikes is gradually helping, but this seems like a really good solution -

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Doubt anybody remembers but I posted a long while back that I was having problems with my bottom bouncing around when my cadence is high. I'm actually still having that problem. Using fixed gear spinning bikes is gradually helping, but this seems like a really good solution -
    Been trying these in the office - getting some very strange looks as I head to the kitchen for a coffee ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

some really good stuff in their all be it very advanced stuff. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

manafana wrote: »
    some really good stuff in their all be it very advanced stuff.

How are they advanced? They're takes on the most basic yoga moves, Warrior 1 and Downward Dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Short but sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

It's 2 years old but couldn't find it posted here.

Some serious handling. Some serious balls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Sarz91 wrote: »
    It's 2 years old but couldn't find it posted here.

Some serious handling. Some serious balls too.

Not that I know anything about the sport but that's one serious thing of beauty, that performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

#Svenness 2.8

http://vimeo.com/80032039

CX, uploader does a few good CX vids, especially for the uninitiated like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Danny Hart's 2011 World Champ's winning run
    The video doesn't even do the track justice. Here are some photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

The video doesn't even do the track justice. Here are some photos.

Man, from those photos - that sport is absolutely nuts. Think I'll stick to the road.

How did Bauge stay up?! The effort he put into to countering everything dragging him down to his right - something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

This is from this years Megavalanche race, it's 45 minutes long and riveting to watch, would love do this in a couple of years. Check the comments for a link to a different view of the high speed collision he has with another rider at 3.40

Any rich boardsies who'd like to finance my suicide mission please pm me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Always wrecks my head to see and hear lads shouting 'rider' expecting to be let past. It's a bloody race, as the one passing it's your responsibility to do it safely. Any other discipline will tell you the same. I'd have shouted 'go f**k yourself ' every time he started roaring. If there's no room to pass why should the rider have to stop his race just to let him past?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

it's more of a common courtesy to someone faster than you, it's happening in cyclocross as well.

But thats just the thing, courtesy belongs on spins but not in races, if you're faster get past where there's room, do it safely, and stop expecting the world to make way for you and race! In most cases I am the slower rider and if I know I'm badly holding someone up I will let them by but when they come barreling down a trail shouting from fifty feet away expecting Moses parting the Red Sea they can get fu**ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

rizzodun wrote: »
    This is from this years Megavalanche race, it's 45 minutes long and riveting to watch
    Riveting? terrifying more more like! love the dude in jeans mixed in with everybody else in protective gear, he's like a commuter who found himself mixed up in a race

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Did he mention he had no gears?

Riveting? terrifying more more like! love the dude in jeans mixed in with everybody else in protective gear, he's like a commuter who found himself mixed up in a race

That made me chuckle alright, sure if he can do it in jeans surely if I buy the right gear I have a fighting chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭n-dawg

Getting into the Christmas spirit... plus a few shots of Irish corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Road bike party 2 Ashton couldn't finish it himself due to his accident. So called his mates in....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Fathead wrote: »
    Road bike party 2 Ashton couldn't finish it himself due to his accident. So called his mates in....

That was simply wonderful...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

brilliant

It's all about the bike. Anyone could do that stuff with a Colnago - it's very responsive.

Ashton injured himself back in September, paralysed from the waist down, hence why he needed the help, not sure if it's permanent or not, but wishing him a speedy recovery, these videos are a joy to watch.

pelevin wrote: »
    It's all about the bike. Anyone could do that stuff with a Colnago - it's very responsive.

cant tell if being sarcastic or a troll.......

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    cant tell if being sarcastic or a troll.......

Just innocent humour, not sarcastic or being a troll.

Seen this on pinkbike today, a short (sub 6 mins) documentary about Tom Wheeler, a downhill racer who lost the power in his right arm during a race in 2012, and his journey to getting back on a bike. Great determination if you ask me.

Peaks Of Life l

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The making of Martyn Ashton's Colnago.

Advertisement